New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Highway

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Another Highway - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Highway

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 am

Reed took a deep breath. There was no way this could turn out well. How was he supposed to explain to Shane that his mother wouldn't approve of him? Either way, it was going to sound like Reed though Shane wasn't good enough for him, which was quite the contrary. Reed thought he didn't deserve Shane, as he had sobbed to the younger boy earlier. Shane could be easily offended, though, and he didn't want to set him off.

"My-" he paused deciding how to phrase this, "My mom-she's just really... judgmental." He prayed Shane would understand what he was talking about.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Shane raised his eyebrows. "Judgmental?" he repeated. What did that have to do with him?
Then he saw the t-shirt Reed was wearing, the Ebay one, and he looked down at his sweatshirt, which was from Colorado State University. It was faded and old, because he'd had it for years. Plus it had a huge ketchup stain in the middle of it.
He looked at the rearview mirror, seeing his image reflected in it - his hair, curly and tangled and wild, all over the place. He swiped it quickly out of his eyes and turned back to Reed.
"I see," he said shortly. "Let's just cross the bridge when we come to it."
He sighed. Was he really not good enough for Reed? Reed's mom would definitely not think so, even if Reed thought Shane was fine. After all, the woman was Hilde van Kamp, and from what Shane could tell, that name meant something to anyone who cared at all about fashion.
What would lowly Shane Anderson be doing with her son? She'd be a horror about it, he just knew it. He'd never met her formally, but he felt a lump in his throat just thinking about it.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:29 pm

He knew Shane well enough to know when he was upset. This was one of those times. Shane's emotions were always written on his face like a book. He hadn't meant to make Shane feel badly about himself! If he only knew his mother he would understand! Reed had suffered through her judgments on him for years, and he didn't want Shane to have to go through that if he didn't have to.

As they pulled into the school parking lot, Reed parked and then turned toward the distressed boy.

"Shane..." he sighed, and when Shane didn't face him he shook his shoulder forcing him to meet his eyes, "Shane...come on. I know you're upset. I didn't mean it like that. I-I-I like you the way you are" Reed blushed and then continued, "You know that right? I wouldn't be taking this chance if I didn't. I need you to understand that. But it's my mother...she's just...she's never pleased; not with me, not with anyone. She's always trying to take control over my life, and I don't want her to get to you too." Reed stared intently at Shane with pleading eyes. He had to make him understand.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Shane felt Reed's hand on his shoulder but didn't turn as Reed talked. He stared out the window at the deserted grounds, all bathed in moonlight. No wonder no one was out - there were five minutes left until they had to be in their houses.
Reed's words calmed him somewhat, but Shane still felt nervous and scared about what Reed's mom would think. He'd already known everything Reed told him, from intuition or what he'd inferred.
"That's okay, I don't even have to meet her for awhile, I don't have to think about and neither," he finally turned around, "do you. Let's not talk about it." He gave his best smile, which wasn't convincing because he couldn't act to save his life, and opened his car door. He stepped out and into the cold night. He wrapped his sweatshirt tighter around himself and looked at Reed, knowing that Reed would be far colder than he was.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Reed sighed as he gave Shane a half hearted smile. He knew Shane was just trying to avoid the topic, but they would cross that bridge when they came to it. Their relationship was still new and he didn't want to mess it all up.

"Well-you can- I mean- if you want to come over to my house this weekend. Mother is out of town on one of her business trips, and that way you don't have to meet her just yet." Reed blushed slightly at the idea of being in the house alone with Shane and then housted himself out of the drivers seat clumsily, shutting the door. The campus was still. Not a sound could be heard, save for the light rustle of the wind.

Reed shivered. It was much colder than when they had left. He wrapped his arms around himself as he walked around to the other side of the car to walk back to the dorms with Shane.

[i]
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 pm

"I'd love that," Shane said. "We could watch scary movies and scream like girls and eat as much popcorn as we wanted and it would all be okay because there'd be no one to tell us no." He smiled, thinking of the prospect of spending time alone with Reed...Completely. Alone. No one to watch them and nothing to be self-concious about.
Shane saw Reed shiver, and he wrapped his arms around the shorter boy. "I'm sorry, I should've given you the sweatshirt."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:21 am

Reed sighed. Shane was always so worried about his safety that he didn't consider himself. He couldn't help but find it oddly endearing, if not slightly annoying at times. "Shane, you've already given me your shirt. I don't expect you to freeze in the cold for me too. Besides, we're only across the parking lot from the dorms"

It was then that Reed's eyes widened. They only had about 5 minutes to get inside."We have to go!" He grabbed Shane's hand spasmodically and began running toward their house.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:39 pm

"I'm warm enough," Shane grumbled as Reed pulled him across the lawn. The lights from Windsor reflected on the grass in front of it, and Shane found himself longing for the warmth inside the house. He grasped Reed's hand tighter and tried to keep from shivering.
They ran along and only when they arrived at the door did he speak again. He pulled it open for Reed, saying, "Thank God we're back in time, I don't know what the hell we would've done if we'd been late." He gave Reed a relieved smile.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 pm

"Well let's not think about that" he laughed and then glanced at his Rolex. "One minute to spare. In 3...2..." Reed paused momentarily as the realization hit him. His words echoed the same as that fateful night when Shane had held him on New Years Eve. It had been last year, before Kurt had arrived at Dalton. It was the annual Warbler New Year's party, and as tradition went, when the lights went out on the New Year, everyone grabbed someone to kiss. Reed had been nervous, because he had never kissed anyone before. But Shane had been there to save the day...
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:51 pm

"3...2..."
Shane thought of New Years Eve, of when he'd held Reed up in the dark, not kissing him, but oh boy did he want to...
Now, it was too much, and Shane grabbed Reed's elbows and pulled the smaller boy toward him. He leaned in slowly, slowly, and whispered, "One..." and kissed Reed.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:20 pm

"One"

Reed gasped as he felt Shane's warm breath on his lips as he uttered the words they heard not so long ago. He wasn't ready for Shane to kiss him back then, but now he wanted nothing more. He leaned into Shane, his soft lips softly caressing the younger boy's chapped ones.

As much as he would have liked to stay in that moment forever, he forced himself away and blushed.

"We better get into our dorms before a prefect finds us."
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Shane pulled away, reluctant.
"Okay, d'you want to go do the laundry and I'll...go upstairs? And then we can...rendez-vous in my room." He laughed at the use of the French, hoping it would make him sound smarter. And more up to Hilde Van Kamp's standards. "See you in like half an hour?" He pecked Reed on the cheek. "Try not to hurt yourself." He winked before turning and heading up the steps.

[PM me about B&B!! SO excited to see it.]
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:10 pm

[LMAO In the show Gaston says RON-DEZ-BOOSES haha. that exact line!]

rendez-vous?

Reed blushed. What had Shane meant by that? It was late and no one in the house was around. He smiled nervously, clutching the place where Shane's lips had met his cheek and continued on to the laundry room.

[I'll meet you in your dorm now...continue the convo there.]

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3