New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Park-Later

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Park-Later - Page 2 Empty Re: The Park-Later

Post  Shane Anderson Fri May 27, 2011 6:22 pm

"I love you too Reed," Shane said, smiling. "I love you too, Reed," he repeated because it felt so good. Better than when he'd said it to Micah or anybody else. Except maybe Blaine, but that was way different. Saying I love you to a brother is a completely different experience from saying it to your boyfriend. He grabbed Reed's hand and they started walking again.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri May 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Reed smiled widely as Shane repeated himself twice.He defintely wasn't complaining. He laced his fingers into Shane's, swingly them together slightly as they walked. "So, how long have you been thinking about that?" Reed asked curiously, looking up at the younger Anderson. He knew that he'd been thinking it for a while. They had been dating for nearly 4 months now, and even from the beginning Reed had an idea.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue May 31, 2011 8:51 pm

"I've been thinking that I loved you from the moment I saw you fall on your face." Shane laughed and swung his hand along with Reed. "But then as time went on that love evolved into more until it was like..." He grasped for a good comparison. "Like the Sun. But before it was Pluto. So now it's the Sun, and it's more real than I've ever felt before in my life." He grinned at Reed. "How about you?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 pm

(ooc: OH MY GOD! THIS IS KIND OF LIKE 'I'LL COVER YOU' IN RENT! Like, walking along a side walk and swinging hands. I can just see it.)

Reed rolled his eyes and giggled, "You're so melodramatic!" He pulled his hand to give Shane a playful wack in the chest. Then he considered his question.

"Well, I was pretty confused at first about you. I saw you as..." he paused thinking of a way to phrase this that wouldn't sound completely awful, "A friend. I saw you as Blaine's crazy younger brother." he laughed remembering the first time he saw Shane; how he had followed him around like a lovesick puppy. "But then you just kept coming back even when I gave you the cold shoulder." he shrugged; a small smile playing on his lips, "And eventually I just couldn't stop thinking about you. You grew on me." he laughed, "in a good way of course. I guess I knew that I loved you for sure after the landslide."

Reed frowned, tightening his grip on Shane's hand.

"I-I didn't even know what I would do without you. I just kept thinking about how I would never get to tell you how I really felt. I would never get to give whatever we had a chance. It killed me."
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:23 am

A shiver ran down Shane's spine as he was reminded of his brush with death.
"I...I remember, during the landslide, I had your painting...I couldn't leave it at home, I had to take it with me. And the funny thing was...I wasn't even thinking about how I could die. I was thinking about how one day you might meet a Special Someone and get married and I wouldn't be at your wedding." He laughed. "How stupid is that?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:19 am

"Pretty dumb" Reed laughed, nudging Shane in the side with his body. "I don't know what I would've done..." he sighed, turning serious again. He really had no idea. Would he have found someone else? It seemed weird to even consider that right now. He could never see himself with anyone else but Shane. He looked down at the ground. "I don't think I would have found anyone else..."
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:29 am

"Reed..." Shane stopped and turned to Reed, taking his other hand and holding them both between them. "If I ever die, you need to promise me that you'll find someone else...girl or boy I do not care...who will make you happy. You need to." This was very important. He didn't want Reed to spend the rest of his life unhappy, missing Shane when he was missing out on someone else who might be better for him.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:25 pm

"But..." Reed couldn't think of a response to that. How could he respond to that? "I want you! I don't want anyone else!" His voice cracked on the 'else' and he turned his head up to meet Shane's eyes. "But you're here and I don't want to think about you leaving. I love you and I don't want anyone else" he repeated the last part because it was true. Reed couldn't even imagine finding anyone else at the moment. He knew that he was being irrational. He had no idea what he'd want in 10 or 20 years, but right now he wanted only Shane and he couldn't see himself ever wanting anyone else.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:45 pm

"Well let's not turn this into a depressing conversation," Shane said brightly. "Let's go swing!" He spotted a playground in the distance and began to run toward it, pulling Reed behind it. "I love swinging," he said as they ran. "It's so fun."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Reed giggled; settling himself down on one of the swings. He loved how Shane could always change a sad conversation around.

Reed began to push off from the ground; a bright smile creeping across his features. He watched Shane on the swing beside him; his unruly curls bouncing as he gained speed.

"You're such a kid!" he teased;grinning over at his boyfriend. Whenever he was with Shane he was able to do so many things that he would never have been able to do without him. He was more grateful for that than anything.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:31 pm

"WEEEEEE!!" was Shane's response.
He felt the wind on his face, in his hair, blowing his arms, and he felt so free. Freer than he'd ever felt before, because Reed was next to him laughing and smiling and he LOVED REED.
"I LOVE YOUUU!" Shane shouted, not caring who heard.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:26 pm

"SHANE!" squealed Reed hiding his face in his hands. He actually liked the way it sounded being screamed into the air, but he would never give Shane that satisfaction. "I'm pretty sure the whole world heard you!" He lowered his hands to continue swinging. He was so happy that he and Shane were back to a sense of normalcy.

"Hey-um-Shane...I have a question." Reed began suddenly, waiting for Shane to give him the okay to continue. "We've been dating for a while now, and I love you, and I-" Reed took a deep breath, looking down at the ground, "I was wondering if maybe I should tell my mom about us." He spoke hesitantly, playing with the buttons on his shirt. In the last few months he had taken a lot of time to figure himself out. He knew he loved Shane, and even if he wasn't sure that his sexuality was definite, he knew enough to tell his mom what had been going on.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Shane raised his eyebrows and stopped pumping, letting the swing slow down while he thought about Hilde Van Kamp.
She would hate him, he knew it. Just take one look at what he was wearing and she'd throw him out and refuse to let him ever see Reed again...
"If it's important to you that she know," he said, because he would do it in a heartbeat if it was important to Reed. "Do you want me to be there?"
Pleasesaynopleasesaynopleasesayno...
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Reed considered the idea. It would be easier with Shane there by his side, but he wasn't sure how his mom would react to Shane. Would she just be happy for Reed or would she try to tear them apart?

He couldn't be too sure.

"If you want to." Reed sighed, looking over at Shane and shrugging. "I'm not sure how she's going to react yet." He winced inwardly, hoping that Hilde didn't completely disown him or anything like that.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:37 pm

"Er..."
Shane tried to think of a way to say this as nicely as possible.
"I'mkindofafraidtomeetyourmom."
So I'd rather throw you to the pack of wolves alone and let them do what they will with you.
"But if you think it'd be better with me there...Please...By all means...I mean, I'll go if you really...want me...to..."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Reed shook his head and sighed.
"No...no I'll go alone. It's fine Shane."
He didn't want to force Shane to do anything he didn't want to. If he was in Shane's position he probably wouldn't want to face his mom either.
"She can be pretty intimidating when she wants to be."
It was something Reed never inherited. He often wondered how his mom could be so confident and demanding when he was so very the opposite. Maybe he was more like his dad, only Reed couldn't really see that either.
"I'm not so worried about my mom as I am about my dad..."
Reed wasn't very close to his dad to begin with, and he had no idea how he could possibly react.
"What do you think?"
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 pm

[OOC: I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady... Oh, look! You're here too!]
Shane laughed bitterly. "There's no way either of them could take it worse than my dad did." He put an arm around Reed's shoulders and squeezed supportively. "I wouldn't worry about it if I were you."
He was relieved he didn't have to go with Reed, but now he felt guilty that he wasn't... Should he insist that he go to make sure Reed was okay and knew he was supportive?
Well, it was a little late now, and it was something that needed to be done alone.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 pm

(ooc: Lolwhat? XD)
Reed rested his head on Shane's shoulder; closing his eyes.
"She's coming into town next week. I could tell her then." Reed decided, looking up at Shane. "I'm pretty sure she already knows anyway. I mean, she's probably expected it far before I even thought about it." Reed blushed a little bit. It wasn't exactly a secret that he was gay. Everyone always assumed he was anyway, even the others at Dalton before he came out. For God's sake, his wardrobe was enough to set off anyone's gay-dar.

"Do you-" Reed began before deciding against his question. He was going to ask if Shane had any plans on coming out to his parents, but obviously it was a sore subject and Reed didn't want to make Shane upset. "Nevermind."
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 am

Shane looked down at the boy resting on his shoulder. "What?" He prodded lightly. When Reed only looked at him and shook his head, he tried again. "Really Reed, it's fine. You can ask me whatever" He spoke softly to Reed, wanting to convince him that it was okay. He honestly doubted Reed could say much to anger him
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Reed took a deep breath; looking up into Shane's green eyes that were filled with nothing but absolute understanding and trust.
"Well..." he began slowly; twisting around on the swing he was sitting on, "have you...given any thought to telling your parents...about us?"
He didn't want to force Shane into anything he wasn't ready to do, but they had been together nearly 5 months now, and it was hard to keep hiding their relationship from their respective families. Reed knew what had happened to Blaine though, and he wasn't sure whether or not he was ready to deal with that sort of pain. He didn't want to think about anyone hurting Shane in that way.

Reed reached over to were Shane was swinging and held out his hand for Shane to take; smiling apologetically.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 am

Shane was quiet for a long time, kicking at the ground beneath his swing, biting his lip as he stared straight in front of him obviously pretty deep in thought. After a few moments where Reed just watched on as Shane blinked staying silent, he heaved a heavy sigh.

"Have I thought about it? Of course..." He said quietly. "But I just... I want to tell them. I really do. Everything that happened with Blaine and my Dad, even makes me want to do it more, because how is it fair that Blaine takes all of the blame while I go free. I've wanted to for a while... And now I have even more of a reason," He finally met Reed's eyes for a short second, giving him a small smile, before he looked down to his feet.

"The thing is..." His voice was shaky now, and even quieter than before. "I don't have courage like Blaine... and I'm... scared.." By now, he was speaking in a broken whisper, and keeping his eyes trained on his sneakers, refusing to look up. He didn't want to seem so weak.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:21 pm

"I'm scared too." Reed admitted. "I have no idea what I'm even going to say to my mom." he shrugged his shoulders; looking down at the ground. He didn't really have half the reason to be scared that Shane had. He felt kind of selfish, because his mother would more likely than not accept his choice, but Shane's dad was an entirely different story. He was scared for Shane. He had no idea how he would react to seeing him in pain like that. "You have good reason to be scared, especially after what happened with Blaine. That doesn't make you any less courageous." In fact, Shane was probably one of the bravest people he knew; and he hated seeing him like this: so completely broken.

"I love you." he whispered into the air; turning his swing to face Shane "-and whatever happens, happens. You don't need to tell your dad anything if you aren't ready, but if you are then I'll stand behind whatever you choose." Reed looked up at Shane with big meaningful eyes, willing him to understand the truth behind his words.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Shane sighed and stared out at the open space in front of him. Reed didn't think he was weak, or scared without reason, and that was good. But just because Reed didn't think that, doesn't mean he didn't think that about himself. But Reed was right. Whatever happens, happens, and it would be best to get it over with sooner rather than later.

"Yeah... I think I'll do it.. I mean not today or anything.." He pulled at the end of his sleeves out of nervousness. He would do it soon, he promised himself. He just thought it would be better to do it when he had more confidence. "But I'll do it soon. I promise."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2