New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olive Garden

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Olive Garden - Page 2 Empty Re: Olive Garden

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Rachel listened to Finn very carefully, though she still wasn't looking at him and continued to snap the breadstick between her fingers. The corner of her mouth lifted in a tiny smile when he said the word 'exception.' It reminded her of the time she sang The Only Exception to him in Glee, and she marveled at just how far they had come since then. When Finn grabbed her hands, she looked up at him and held his gaze until he finished speaking. "When did you learn to be so good with words?" she asked in a playful tone, though she was entirely serious. He had always claimed to be bad with words, but somehow he always knew the exact thing to say that would make her feel instantly better. It was better than a glass of water any day.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Finn laughed. "I have this really amazing wife that I've been learning from." he said, his tone playful but meaning every single word. "She's really smart so I have to keep up."

Paisley the waitress returned then, setting their drinks down along with another basket of breadsticks and a large bowl of salad. "Ready to order?" she asked cheerfully. After Rachel had ordered her dinner Finn asked for the classic spaghetti and meatballs. "Okay, it should be out shortly. Let me know if you need anything." the waitress nodded and walked off.

Finn took one of the two small plates and served Rachel a smaller sized portion of the salad before passing it to her and helping himself to a larger size. "Their salad is actually really good here." he said convorsationally. Normally he wasn't the biggest fan of salad unless it was covered with dressing, but Olive Garden had some sort of dressing mixed in and it was really good.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:15 pm

"Really amazing, huh?" Rachel giggled. "Well I guess she must be if she got a wonderful husband such as yourself," she continued, enjoying the playful banter. Paisley came back and asked if they were ready to order. Rachel got the capellini pomodoro and waited for Finn to order before taking any salad herself. Before she could serve herself, Finn was already piling some onto her plate, and she threw a smile in his direction. In response to his statement, she said, "Yes, it is. My dads and I pretty much live on takeout, but we've been here a couple times."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:02 pm

"Take out awesome." Finn agreed. "But I like home cooking too. My mom's fried chicken is like one of the best things ever. Plus your banana bread and sugar cookies, and Burt makes awesome ribs..." he shook his head as he snapped out of it. "Sorry. Anyway, tell me what's been going on with you. I feel like we hardly get time to talk anymore. How's life for you Rachel Hudson?"
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Rachel shrugged. "I have been catching up on all the work I have missed when I was in the hospital, naturally. It was quite a bit to manage, but it was all finished eventually. And I've been getting New Directions prepared for Regionals, of course." Rachel smiled. Regionals had gone wonderfully. They had won. They had won, they were going to Nationals in New York, and they had done it without Mr. Schue. Of course, that last one was more like a personal win, proving that she could be a capable leader, but she was glad to have him back at any rate. "And walking too," she added. Since she had refused to be on crutches or in a wheelchair, she had to almost learn to walk again, and it hadn't been an easy task. "It was a challenge, but one I relished. How about you?"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:32 am

"How's your foot now?" He hoped it was better. She'd been doing freaking amazing on it, but Rachel was never one to show or admit to any sort of weakness, so he wanted to make sure she was being honest. "Me? Oh, mostly the same stuff. I've been working on school a lot too. Y'know, trying to get my grades up and stuff. Now that we're married I have to get my ass in gear because who knows what amazing schools you'll get in to? I gotta be able to get in somewhere decent so we can be together and so I can provide for us and stuff. Oh, and I've been working out with the guys a lot." he added. "It's weird that Artie can totally kick all of our asses when we do laps but he kind of has an advantage, so I'm not sure if it really counts but whatever."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

"Oh, it's doing better," Rachel said. It was true enough. It was better, though it still pained her sometimes, but one mention of even the slightest pain would set Finn off worrying, and neither of them needed that. She took a small bite of her salad and looked up slightly startled when he brought up New York. She had, of course, assumed he'd go no matter what, but they had never actually discussed it. Hearing that, along with the fact that he said he wanted to provide for them, made her heart swell. Sure, she was a strong-willed feminist who could certainly take care of herself, but something about it was just so sweet. She really wished they weren't in public right then because more than anything she really just wanted to kiss him soundly, but she settled for smiling and saying, "You'll get into a great college. I know you can." Rachel laughed at the comment about Artie. It did seem a little backwards, but it made sense at the same time. "I suppose he would have the advantage, what with the wheels covering more ground in more time," she commented thoughtfully.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Finn smiled. "See that's one of the things that really makes you different Rach. You've never doubted me for a second. That means everything to me. Knowing I have you backing me up no matter what makes me feel like I can do anything." He felt like Superman or something when she was around. Like, if Rachel really and truly believed in him, then maybe it was possible after all. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure Artie's arms are like twice as strong as most of our legs." he said, thinking about their friend. It was weird though, because Artie's arms were like totally small compared to his legs, but whatever.

Paisley the waitress returned soon after that carrying a tray with two steaming plates. She set Rachel's meal in front of her and then set down Finn's plate. "If you need anything, just let me know. Enjoy." she said simply before walking off again.

Finn smiled, happy for his food to have arrived. He was starving, but he tried to still use his best manners as he dug into his food.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Rachel frowned slightly. Her believing in him shouldn't be that big of a deal. She never understood why people didn't believe in him more. He had so much talent and potential to tap into, and she knew he could do whatever he wanted if he put his mind to it. The smile returning to her face, Rachel assured, "Of course I believe in you Finn. I know you can do anything you want, so long as you work for it." She giggled again about Artie. Remembering back to the beginning of sophomore year when Mr. Schue had made them all ride in wheelchairs for a couple weeks, she knew that it had taken serious upper-arm strength and that Artie must've been a pro after eight years of riding in one. Paisley came back with the food and Rachel gratefully started on her dish after placing her napkin neatly on her lap.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:24 pm

As Rachel continued to talk, Finn couldn't help but beam with pride. She was such an inspiration and so, so awesome and she was his. This amazing little spitfire believed in him and chose him and loved him. Talk about a lucky bastard. "You're seriously like the most amazing person on Earth." he told her. "Like, I mean it. I can't think of a single person on the planet who even comes close to how awesome you are." He took another bite of his spaghetti, the plate nearly half empty at this point, and shook his head. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me Rachel, I just want to make sure that you know that."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Rachel flushed when Finn started to compliment her. She had never received such comments in her life and had honestly never expected to. There were certainly more amazing people in the world, like Barbra Streisand. Or J.K. Rowling. Or Gandhi. Or Nelson Mandela. Or Finn Hudson. See five people off the top of her head that were far more awesome than she was. Shaking her head with a small smile on her lips, Rachel said, "You're wrong. About me being the most amazing person on Earth. But thank you." Rachel took another small bite of her dinner, then looked up with wide eyes at the last comment he made. She knew exactly how that was. Her whole life before him had been filled with music and the drive to be the best and that was great, but from the moment he had first kissed her in the auditorium she had been filled with love. And he had been her first friend, and the one to break down her carefully constructed walls so she could slowly make other friends. And because of him she knew what it was like to be loved by someone other than her fathers for the first time in her life. Her life had changed so much since she met him, since they fell in love. "You know the sentiment is returned, correct?" she asked softly. "You know you're the best part of my life, right?"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 am

Finn smiled softly and as she spoke he could see his life flash before his eyes. Prom, graduation, college, getting a place of their own, a huge vow renewal so she could have the big wedding she always wanted, children, and growing old. It was all with her. Never in a million years did he ever imagine his life would turn out like this, but it did and it was so much better than he ever could have dreamed. "I love you." he told her genuinely once she'd finished speaking. He took a breath to snap himself out of it, because they were in public and no matter how much he wanted to take her right there on the table he knew it wasn't happening. Finn took the last few bites of his dinner before smiling at her. "So, where do you want to go next? We can go to the park and take a walk or drive somewhere.... it's up to you. I'd suggest a movie but I don't really want to focus on anything but you right now so it would be kinda pointless." He would also suggest going home and straight to bed but there were like a million people there and who knew what kind of disaster that would end in. No, whether they slept together or not it was better to go somewhere that they could be alone for a little while. Rachel was his wife and they hadn't had time to themselves in a long time, so he was being selfish tonight.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:42 am

A rush of heat burned through her body at his words. Rachel would always love to hear him say it. It didn't matter if they spent all day repeating those same words to each other, she wouldn't tire of it. She practically craved it. "I love you too." The couple finished their meals in relative silence, simply enjoying the pleasure of the others company. At Finn's suggestion, Rachel thought for a moment then said, "How about the lake down in the park? Where we had the picnic the one time so I could sing for Burt." As far as Rachel could tell, no one really went there, and they wouldn't be there at this time of night, so the pair could be relatively alone. And more than anything that night, Rachel wanted alone time with her husband. Between her injuries, preparing for Regionals, and living in a house with four other people, they hadn't been truly alone at any point in the past couple months and it pained her more than she wanted to admit. Tonight was their time for each other, no matter what anyone else wanted.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content