New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role question...

3 posters

Go down

Role question... Empty Role question...

Post  Random Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 pm

I am looking for a game to join, but have a kind of strange role play style and want to make sure it'd be allowed here. If not, I'll probably still join but in a more traditional sort of way.

I'd like to be not really a specific character, but more..."random events" and the one-time needed character(s) that go along with them. I could play any requested roles that someone needs for a scene. For example: someone wants to talk to Jacob ben Isreal, but there's no player for the character so for that scene I'd play the role for that scene and then he'd disappear again, not to be seen unless someone else wants to pull him into a scene. Same with Principal Figgins, or Sebastian or Terri or Sue--is there a Sue? I might want this role if the random character/events thing doesn't work out--or parents other than Burt/Carole...pretty much any needed/wanted character that isn't currently being played by someone else.

For the random events part, I'd only do this either upon request or after asking permission from those in the thread but basically if someone is looking for a storyline or something to "shake things up", I'd come up with some sort of scenario for the character(s) in that scene. Like for a big example that would affect most if not all of the characters, a big electrical fire breaks out in the choir room. Or a smaller example that affects only specific characters--like someone accusing Will of being Pedo!Will Razz --even though he's never seen this person before in his life.

Players could either request something specific for me to bring into a scene (like "Hey, have a random person slip X into Tina's drink!" requested by Tina's player) or just say "hey, I'm bored, throw something random at me" and let me come up with some sort of curve ball to throw at the character(s)--and let me know if you want me to clear whatever plan I come up with with you first, or just go ahead and surprise you with something. Maybe let me know what kind of scene you're wanting like angsty or funny or whatever.

For the random events, I'd stay out of threads where people are active and it hasn't been requested, so I won't just randomly interrupt the lovely Klaine's relaxing weekend away or the Finchel threads (unless asked, of course Wink )

Random

Back to top Go down

Role question... Empty Re: Role question...

Post  Kurt Hummel Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 am

Hi! I'm not a mod, so I can't really answer this. But hi and welcome, anyway! You might try PMing Blaine Anderson, PMing Blaine. Hope to see you join!
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks, Kurt! I've taken your advice. I look forward to joining!

Random

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi! Sorry it took so long to get to this!

I think this is an amazing idea, so I'm totally for it! To answer another one of your questions, no, we don't have a Sue. We did, but...like a lot of other people, she left. <.<

But I seriously love your idea so I think it'd be great if you joined our RP with that intention!
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down