New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Library

3 posters

Go down

The Library Empty The Library

Post  Head Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 am

Head Admin
Head Admin

https://gleeks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Library Empty Re: The Library

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Okay so, Mike never particularly liked reading, but it was easily the sneakiest manner in which he could nap before school in the morning. Sure, many couples met here for clandestine trysts behind the bookshelves, but it was rather easy to ignore the hushed torch songs and excruciatingly painful rejections. Unless everything went well and they were groping each other two seats away from him. The sounds were eerily reminiscent of the time he had fed his bulldog an entire tub of peanut butter. After that, Banana didn't bother him at the dinner table any more, which was obviously off-topic.

Clearing his throat hadn't helped in the slightest, so he simply worried his bottom lip between chattering teeth and turned the book he was feigning interest in, so he wouldn't have to look at them. Mike was a gentleman yes, and damn dapper one at that, but he withheld little to no expertise in personal scare tactics and irrefutable mental domination. It was times like this that he wished Santana could rescue him (as pathetic as that sounded...), she had this uncanny HBIC ability that sent people running. And all she had to do was flash a precarious scowl, or smile, even. Everything about the girl was next to incredibly alarming.

He was lame, there was no doubt in his mind about that, but even as he tried to decipher the words in the historical book he had plucked, he wanted to slam his head against the table in sudden realization.
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 pm

If there was one place that Quinn didn't spend that much time in, it was definitely the library. It wasn't as though she had completely avoided the place, she just hadn't really ever found a reason to go there. Things had changed a bit though during her pregnancy, for she had instead spent more time focusing on her schoolwork and grades than her reputation around the school. After having Beth though, she found herself re-balancing school, Cheerios practice, Glee, and her relationship with Sam.

Still, that didn't mean that she never stepped foot in the library. She just didn't do so when many people would be around to see. That's why she enjoyed doing some schoolwork before the school day even started, for it was never really that packed.

Looking around at all the tables, she paused when she spotted Mike sitting at one of the tables. She had never really had a conversation one-on-one with him, and thinking back to the new Glee assignment, thought that maybe he would be the perfect person for her to get to know. Walking over to the table, she cleared her throat softly. "Hey Mike," she smiled at him. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything..."
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:26 pm

In particular, the past few days have been a little harsh on Emma. She felt that life had knocked her down too many times. Every time she felt determined and confident about reaching out to some student, fulfilling her duties as an educator- it evidently bit her right back in the butt.
So she settled on paying a visit to the library. It used to be her favourite place as a child, so many books and adventures to discover. Yet she wasn’t too thrilled with the idea of touching novels that have been treated by strangers that perhaps didn’t feel the need to lather their hands before. Never the less, Emma (and her plastic gloves) scanned the selection of books looking for ones on over powering self confidence.
While eyeing Mike Chang, he was her next target for reaching out to a student.
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:12 pm

He had drifted off despite the squelching mass of flailing limbs beside him, but of course, a gentle voice willed him awake. He almost reached out for it, to snuggle contentedly against the voice as if it were his mother, but as he cracked an eye open, he focused on not falling back in his chair at the sudden closeness. Or at least, when he pulled back conspicuously, she had seemed closer.

Despite her otherworldly knowledge (and usage) of his name, he looked behind him questionably, wondering for a brief moment if there was a more important Mike sitting near him. Upon finding nothing, he bit his oil and furrowed his brows. Neglecting to mouth a quick, 'me?' He instead cleared his throat and smiled awkwardly. "No," he mumbled, then clarified in a louder voice. "No, I was just uh, napping."

There was a pregnant pause. "What did you need?"
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

I am not amused. THE CIRCLE WAS NOT LIT UP ON THIS! Thank goodness I decided to click on WMH and check out the threads, because otherwise I would feel awful for not posting sooner! Sorry about that!

Quinn noted that he seemed a bit confused when he realized she was there. Perhaps interrupting his nap wasn't that best idea for it seemed to have thrown him off. There wasn't very long until first period though, so in the end she was only doing him a favor. "Sorry," she said, giving him a soft smile. "I didn't mean to wake you. I just saw you over here by yourself and decided to come and ask you something." Pausing, she realized that she didn't know the best way to continue. What if he had a partner already? Then she would feel extremely bad for waking. "It's just...it's about the next Glee project," she said, sitting down across from him at the table. "Do you have a partner already? We're supposed to work with someone we usually wouldn't and the whole project got me to realize that you and I never really talk."
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 am

[IT DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR YOU EITHER, don't worry broseph, sorry it took we so long. D: ]

He returned a perpetually awkward smile and rubbed tiredly at his eyes. As long as she happened to frighten him out of his skin accidentally, it was basically fine. His eyelids seemed heavy, even as he leaned his chin on the boring book of whatever that he clutched so carelessly. Mike lifted a brow, hoping to whatever God there was ever, that she wasn't going to come out of the closet or something to him. Or say she was pregnant again. Or that she wanted him in her bed. Which would be awkward. Oh crap... He bit his lip once more, flicking his eyes back to his book with minimal focus. She was kinda beautiful and whatever, but she was with Sam, and they were kinda bros. And if he would have- Oh. Partners. For the Glee project. Much easier than he thought.

He stumbled over himself for a vicarious moment. Of course that was the only reason she would talk to him. He nodded quickly, eager for friends in some childish attempt to grasp onto lasting memories. ...Or whatever. "Ah, no no, I don't have a partner yet." He said, smiling enthusiastically. "But, yeah we haven't really talked before have we?" He mused, sucking completely at conversing. He paused, eyebrows furrowing. "Do you wanna be partners or uh, or something?"
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 am

I died reading that paragraph. It was amazing.

As she spoke, she noted the way he had looked almost wary of her presence. Perhaps waiting until later in the day would have been better. The thing though, was that they had to figure out their partners before the next meeting. Truthfully, she couldn't even really imagine herself working with anyone but Mike, Tina, Artie, or Lauren. She hadn't seen Tina or Artie around at all really, so she figured that trying to schedule practice would be difficult. Lauren... well. Lauren apparently "rocked" Puck's world and Quinn was just so not okay with that. She wondered why it was that they hadn't really talked before. He was on the football team, so one would think that she would have communicated a bit more with him. Perhaps she would start to do so now that she wasn't really wrapped up in all of problems she faced last year. "Well, if you'd like to," she said, not wanting him to feel any obligation to unwillingly say yes. "I just thought it would be rather interesting to work together. We could definitely incorporate some awesome 90s dance moves into our project," she smiled.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:08 pm

[I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED IT LOL, I feel like Mike is extra dorky here. xDD <3]

Mike felt entirely too self aware, knowing, awkwardly, at this very moment, that Quinn was only talking to him because she needed a partner. He fiddled with the corners of his book pages, smiling absentmindedly at the blond in front of him. He could deny her, easily. There were numerous people he could pair up with. Sort of. There was Mercedes, Sam, that-new-chick-who's-name-he-couldn't-remember-but-knows-there-was-a-song-with-her-name-in-it, Lauren (who he wouldn't have worked with anyway, because well, she was a bit frightening), Artie (although the whole, kinda-accidentally-stealing-Tina thing, stuff was mad awkward between them), Finn (...Sort of?), and... Other people. He worried his lip between his teeth lamely.

It felt weird that she was speaking so kindly to him, maybe she changed after popping out a baby and all. ...Cool. He liked Nice Quinn much better anyway, she was totally better than HBIC Quinn, or Hormonal Pregnant Quinn. He felt guilty for his thoughts, and resigned immediately to buy her some bacon. She lined it when she was pregnant, so hey, why not? He smiled dorkily. "Sure!" He murmured excitedly, then cleared his throat, composing himself pathetically. "I'd love to be partners, we could blow everyone out of the water." He tapped his fingers on the table in familiar rhythm. "How about something with Britney?" He mused, neglecting to bring up how excited she must be to get back to dancing. That would probably be awkward as all hell anyway.
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:22 pm

[Aww, well I love dorky Mike! It's very entertaining <3]

She was more than relieved when Mike agreed to doing the project with her. After all, she really did want to try and get to know more people in the club. It seemed as though she had lost many of her so-called 'friends' and no longer talked to the people she used to associate herself with. Puck, she never talked to anymore. Santana was a captaincy stealing slut. Brittany was just... Brittany. She didn't talk to Mercedes much anymore either. It seemed as though Quinn really just talked her boyfriend, Sam. That needed to change. She needed to start getting to know people who were nice.

"Excellent!" she said, smiling widely in relief. "I would love to do Britney. What girl who grew up in the 90s wouldn't?" she mused. "It's supposed to be a mashup though, so we'd have to incorporate another artist or group as well," she said, thinking quietly for a moment. "I mean, if we work with the Britney thing... we could always do The Backstreet Boys or N'Sync. They were all around the same time, so I'm sure there are songs that would go together pretty well. Any of those two boy bands you would prefer?" she asked.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:55 pm

[AND I LOVE QUINN. I just love her. xD]

Her smile of relief did wonders for his stereotypically low teenage self-confidence. His lack of friends was almost startling, considering he had... Tina. And some other girls, he guessed. There were guys, but it wasn't as if he actually spoke to them (other than about football of Xbox of course). Okay so whatever, Quinn was a girl too, but she was cool now. So, yeah. He tuned into the conversation now, listening in time to hear Quinn ask who he liked better, N'Sync, or The Backstreet Boys.

...Okay well, she wasn't cool enough for him to divulge about his childhood obsession with each of these bands.

"Oh uh, you can pick," he murmured apprehensively. Mike swallowed awkwardly, folding his book and smiling cheekily at the blond in front of him.
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 pm

[Um. Can I just say...I absolutely love your Mike? Like, I seriously enjoy reading all your posts. Because...I'm a creep and I read nearly everything <.<]

In a way, Mike and Quinn are quite similar. The person that they spend most of their time with, is the person they are in a relationship with. Quinn really didn't talk to many people other than Sam now. The people she used to talk to daily, lik Santana, Brittany, and Puck, had seemed to move on and found better people to associate themselves. Or at least, that was how she saw it. She only hoped that things would change soon, for there was much more to life than worrying about popularity. Friends were important.

When he said that she could pick between the two bands, she thought for a moment about it. It was a tough decision, for she had loved them both. Though, in the end, her childhood crush on Justin Timberlake won out. "Could we do N'Sync then? They have quite a few songs that I'm sure would work well with a Britney song."

Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:34 pm

[Does this mean I'm allowed to say how much I love your Quinn now? You give her more of her S1 personality in one post than RIB has in S2. AND SHE IS ADORABLE IF I MAY ADD. D: BUT THANK YOU LOL. /blushing]

It seemed ironic, and sadly hilarious that the two who hadn't spoken more than a stray 'hello' to eachother, were the most alike. The wheels in his head didn't turn however, and he continued to stare in naïve enthusiasm at Quinn, wondering instead, for the briefest moment, if it was weird to ask someone if they wanted to be friends in high school. After all, friends were important.

The teen stifled an over-excited smile, and instead nodded steadily. Personally, his childhood hero (or crush maybe, whatever) had been Ricky Martin (despite the fact that he had been unable to understand half of his lyrics), but sure, JT was an okay replacement. "Yeah yeah, that's totally fine, I'm sure it'll mix well together." Mike said, grinning now, as large and dorky as he could manage. "Uh, when would you wanna get started? Like, rehearse and stuff?" He clarified.
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 am

[Awww, thank you so much! That...is a massive compliment <3 S1 Quinn needs to come back in the show. In fact, all the personalities of the girls were much better in season one. OH RIB. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY. But anyway, thank youuuu <33]

Quinn was already running through the bigger Britney and N'Sync songs, trying to think of what songs had similar beats. There were quite a few big hits that she could think of and probably do some sort of dance to. That was assuming he would want to do some sort of dancing in them. This was Mike though, so he probably would. "Well, I have Cheerios practice everyday after school until five. Anytime after that though, I'm definitely free," she said. She decided to voice her thoughts from earlier, for she wanted them to be open with each other. "I'm sure you're down for adding dance to it as well, right? I've been dying to do some sort of routine outside of the ones that Coach Sylvester creates," she said.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:01 pm

[I'M SO VERY SORRY I DIDN'T REPLY EARLIER. I've just been popping on to reply to messages and bug people on the chatbox. DO YOU STILL LOVE ME QUINNIE? I LOVE YOU. And this Fang (that'swhati'mcallingthemnowdon'tjudgeme) friendship.]

Whereas Quinn was intricately purusing through popular songs from the last few years, with endearing intent to increase the chances of their succession, Mike was trying to decide who was hotter; Britney or Justin Timberlake. By the time the blond had started talking, he had ruled that JT was probably the better choice. Especially when the sanity factor was introduced in the form of a swinging umbrella. Or bat. Or golf club. Whatever, he didn't remember. He blinked into awareness, only catching the portion where she announced her time restrictions. Mike scoffed lightly, mocking her in a pleasant manner. "Hope you're cool with all-nighters then, Quinnie." He teased, smiling the entire time. Hell, if she wanted to dance, they might have too. But he gave her a reassuring pay on the head at his words anyway.

"Yeah," he continued, "that sounds fine, but I'm totally sure we could make Sylvester jealous with our dance moves." Mike gave a speedy pop-and-lock example to reference this, and then laughed, probably nervously. "We can practice at the gym here if you want?" He threw out, most definitely not wanting to dance any more at his house, lest something of a specifically passionate manner would occur. God, he wanted to punch himself in the face sometimes.
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:00 am

[It's fine! I do the same thing a lot as well. Sometimes I'm just not able to write up a nice reply because of lack of time. BUT I DO STILL LOVE YOU AND THIS FANG RELATIONSHIP <3]

Quinn’s eyes widened slightly. Did he really think that it was going to take that much time to construct an epic performance? She hoped not, especially if they were going to be practicing in a gym together. Her mother would have a conniption of she found out that Quinn spent the whole night out with a guy. Granted, that guy was only a Glee club member and she had already done the worst thing possible, gotten knocked up.

“That sounds good to me,” she said with a grin. “I definitely hope that Coach Sue sees that I’m more than just a ‘pretty face’ or ‘former whale’,” she said, quoting the names that the Cheerios coach had given her. “The gym would work out really well. As soon as practice is about to wrap up, I could shoot you a text and let you know,” she suggested. “Oh, that means I’ll need your number then," she said, taking her phone out to enter the number.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:31 pm

[I don't understand why it took so long to write a response I didn't hate. SO MIKE IS JUST AWKWARD AGAIN. /headdesk]

Her eyes widened, causing undeniable suspicion to occur so vividly within his mind that it startled him. Crap, had he already ruined this potential friendship by joking? He sought innumerable words, praying for forgiveness in devout mentality. The words died on his lips however, as she spoke her long awaited response (to him, really). His inner psyche murdered his self-conscious effort to better these sort of things, so he cleared his throat and smiled awkwardly.

"You were never a fat whale." Mike murmured protectively, the immediate response endearing in some socially awkward manner. He nodded at he newest words, smiling with a dubious sort of approval. At least this would be in the gym, a place which would prove problematic if they were to gather any lusting intentions. ...But that was probably getting too specific.

"Yeah," he smiled, now realizing the undeniable boundary forged between their respective ranks. They had been in the same club for two years, and didn't even have each other's phone number. Hell, he even had Sam and Lauren's number, and they were the two newest members. He took out his phone and swapped it with her's, punching familiar numbers, and debating on saving himself as, 'other Asian'. He decided on Mike, and soon switched back.

"Just uh, text me. ...Like you said. Or call." He pressed, trying (and failing) on not being an awkward mass of flailing self-awareness.
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:17 pm

[Awww, it's fine! It always takes me a bit to think of a response XD I love awkward Mike though]

Quinn couldn’t help but smile softly when he defended how she had looked last year. “Well, thanks,” she said. “Definitely looked like I was carrying a watermelon with me at all times though,” she joked lightly. She then realized that that was the first time she had ever really joked about the pregnancy or even really mentioned it this year. For some reason she just felt at ease though and the comment had come out naturally.

Clearing her throat, she exchanged phones with him and began to enter her number. After entering it, she couldn’t help but notice that Santana was in there as well. Santana knew Mike? Since when? She wasn’t going to question it though, instead deciding to talk to her fellow Cherrio sometime and get the (potential) gossip.

“Right,” she said, smiling as she handed him back the phone. “I’ll text you so we can figure out what day works best, then also when Cherrios practice is about to wrap up.” Standing up from the table, she decided to add, “I’m glad we’re going to be partners. I’ll talk to you soon,” she promised before standing up and leaving the library.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Chang- Inactive Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Mike laughed along with her, in a friendly manner instead of a mocking one. One that would be expected if it wasn't coming from him. "It looked good on you," he mentioned absentmindedly, smiling all the while. After the entire phone number trade-off, and after his fingers stopped shaking out of childish anticipation, he found himself smiling up at her as she twirled around and almost fled the library (well at least, that's what it looked lime to him). He felt strangely at peace in this odd situation. They had joked about babygate, and he was completely unaware of Quinn noticing Santana's number in his phone, but he was pleased with himself. "Me too," he mumbled lamely. Then, as if someone was chuckling at him, the starting bell rang, sending him scurrying toward his first class.

[I BELIEVE THIS IS DONE NOW? C: ]
Mike Chang- Inactive
Mike Chang- Inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down