New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breadstix Restaurant

+7
Finn_Hudson
Burt Hummel
Blaine Anderson
Sammy Evans
Emma Pillsbury
Kurt Hummel
Head Admin
11 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breadstix Restaurant  Empty Breadstix Restaurant

Post  Head Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 am

Head Admin
Head Admin

https://gleeks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Breadstix Restaurant  Empty Meeting at Breadstix (Kurt & Emma)

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:42 pm

[Timeline Note: Takes place after Sam & Kurt scene in Kurt's Dorm]

Parking was always terrible near Breadstix--and more than once he'd returned to find a new dent or scratch left on his baby, so Kurt decided to park at the garage and walk from there. It was only a couple blocks away, and since the garage was already closed there was no need to save parking for customers.

It took Kurt a couple minutes to gather the courage to actually get out of the car. He cursed himself for letting Karofsky get under his skin like this. He hadn't even seen the Neanderthal since he'd left McKinley, but the jock still held a lot of power over him. He'd been teased and tormentted by others practically his whole life and he'd never been afraid. Karofsky had taken that from him. He'd let Karofsky take it from him.

It was time to get his courage back.

Kurt got out of the car, secured the locks, and started the two-block trek to the restaurant. He didn't walk with his usual proud gait but kept his head down and hurried, wrapping his arms around himself as though he were staving off cold.

Once he was safely at the restaurant he took a moment to collect himself. He squared his shoulders and raised his chin back to his normal proud pose. "There's a reservation for Ms. Pillsbury?" he asked the Maitre d, who nodded and led him to the table.

Kurt sat, making sure to take the seat that faced the door.

He couldn't help but start getting nervous again as he waited for Ms. Pillsbury to arrive. What could she possibly need to talk to him about so urgently?
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Breadstix Restaurant  Empty Re: Breadstix Restaurant

Post  Emma Pillsbury Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:00 pm

['Why hello Kurt Hummel!' Yes, I got your message...and I'm so sorry it took me forever to reply. If you hadn't read my sister, Sam's post...we're on vacation so we're super busy. But I'm getting Emma's ass in Breadstix right now.]

As Emma entered the Breadstix restaurant the aroma of warm, oven-baked bread invaded her nose. Breadstix was such a welcoming, friendly restaurant but today, Emma’s personal atmosphere would shift as she’d discuss the dark topic of Dave Karofsky with his favourite victim, Kurt Hummel. It’d be the very first time she’d see Kurt since he had fled to Dalton Academy and she couldn’t help but be very anxious to come face to face with him once again.
“Reservation for Ms. Pillsbury,” The guidance counsellor’s sing song voice informed. While the Maitre d led her to her table, she rummaged through her Coach purse to assure herself she had everything.
Wallet? Check. Car Keys? Check. Leather Journal (so she could take notes) and her Eating Sanitary Kit? Check and Check.
Suddenly, she spotted Kurt who had chosen a booth at the far end of the restaurant, he was facing the door looking wildly paranoid.
The ginger beauty approached him with a warm smile. “Kurt, how splendid it is to see you once again,” she had exclaimed as the shared a welcoming hug.
Once they were all settled; past the small talk stage and had ordered their health-cautious meals- Emma flew straight to the questions. Starting with; “Is there anything you have found particularly odd with Dave lately?”

Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Kurt smiled as Emma hugged him. She really had come a long way since last year. Then again, perhaps he shouldn't judge her on the way she'd reacted after he'd vomited on her...a subject that he sincerely hoped would never be brought up again. Ever.

"So good to see you, too!" he gushed. They hadn't ever been particularly close (again he blamed the vomit) but he missed McKinley so much and was always hungry for contact from his old life.

At least he was until she brought up Dave. That question set him back on edge, but he did his best not to let it show.

"Oddly I've been avoiding him since the whole threatened to kill me, getting expelled, and unexpelled thing," he informed her guardedly. "Why do you ask?" he queried out of morbid curiousity.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:35 am

Emma read Kurt’s expression like a book. He knew something. Something Karofsky knew and it seemed like he was planning to keep it hidden from her.
“I see,” Emma noted, as she scribbled a brief point into her leather journal. She tapped the pen impatiently on the table. Silence filled the air and what seemed like seconds had turned into minutes. Kurt didn’t seem as if he’d be starting up any conversations anytime soon so it was up to Emma to make this dinner beneficial.
“Listen, I don’t know what came over me but I’ve suddenly been terribly interested in reaching out to Karofsky,” Emma explained, nervously still tapping her pen, “I haven’t been a very good guidance counsellor lately and although it may not seem like the school top priority, I really want to help. No one’s been paying my office lately and when they have, I’ve failed at providing them with the guidance they need.” She sighed as she remembered her session with Finn and Rachel after Rachel found out Finn had slept with Santana. She had suggested singing a song about it? Ugh. Let’s just say the end result was a legendary storm off by Rachel Berry and Finn more confused than ever.

“Kurt, Karofsky was like a light. I truly believe I could help him. But not without your help…”, she paused,
“Is there anything you can mention that could help me do so?” she asked, sweetly. She blinked her round, crystal blue eyes at him trying to look as vunerable and as innocent as possible.

Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am

The parking lot at Breadstix was sheer madness. It took Sam a good 10 minutes in his BMW to find a descent parking spot. He circled around the lot in search for a spot and grew very worried when he hadn’t spotted Kurt’s truck. Whatever, he slammed on the breaks and placed his vehicle into a spot closest to the restaurant door.
The buzz inside the very restaurant wasn’t much better, actually in truth: it was worst. Luckily Sam had his mom’s assistant place a reservation. “Evans, party of two,” he said fondly as he approached the Maitre d who nodded and lead Sam to his table.
“I’d like a table right by there,” he said as he spotted Kurt’s back. He handed the Maitre d a perfectly pressed fifty dollar bill. She nodded enthusiastically and ushered him to his spot.
When Sam was seated, he attempted to see who was sitting with Kurt. He urged his head to see past the buzz of the crowd. But there was no luck, so he waited. He waited idly until Quinn arrived so he would somehow be fully distracted on whatever Kurt had going on.
He sighed; he really was a horrible spy. If only Kurt had found that endearing.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Kurt listened intently, raising an eyebrow as Ms. Pillsbury mentioned reaching out to Karofsky. He knew she meant well, but it was more than a little difficult not to start feeling a little bit bitter. When she asked if he knew anything that could help her, he was a little bit tempted to out Karofsky, but that really wasn't his thing to tell. It was hard enough coming out on one's own terms, but to have someone else out you? Much as he hated Karofsky, he wouldn't do that sort of thing on principle.

He only picked at his salad and ignored the bottomless supply of breadsticks entirely, suddenly not very hungry at all. "I really don't know what I could tell you that would be any help," he finally answered. "All I can say is that Karofsky's really angry and there's something about me in particular that really seems to set him off." He pursed his lips, wanting to say more, but not sure what he could without revealing too much. Still, she needed to know that Karofsky wasn't someone to mess with lightly. "I...really think he's dangerous. I've been bullied pretty much all my life," he admitted honestly. "I know I attract a lot of...attention," he smiled wanly, "so I get singled out a lot and because I'm...different. I never let them get to me because I knew that they're all just immature ignorant little boys who want to feel better about themselves by putting me down. But with Karofsky it's...not the same. He's unpredictable and he..." Kurt shook his head, "it's like it's about more than just humiliating me to him. He's the only one who's ever really scared me," he confided in her. "You need to be careful around him," he warned. "You don't know what's going on his his head. And you don't know what he's capable of."
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Kurt had let out his inner thoughts on the bully, he was providing her with some solid material but Emma was hungry for much more than the wholesome food sprawled in front of her. She listened attentively as he expressed himself while she attempted to keep up with him, dotting down every useful hint he had said.
When she thought his time to speak had come to a close, she put the pen down and decided to concentrate on her salad. She noticed that Kurt was fiddling with his as if he was too distracted by something else to even come to eating. Just as she was about to set up her sanitary eating kit, Kurt had confided her about the dangers of Karofsky.
That last bit had made her gulp down her sugar free ice tea. She felt a mixture of terror and bitterness lingers down her throat. Maybe he was right; maybe reaching too deep into the dark mind of Dave Karofsky was just dangerous territory. Especially for someone who feared stepping a foot outside of her sanitary condo during flu season.
“What do you mean by that?” she questioned, “You’re kind of scaring me, Kurt.” She admitted with pure honesty. She bit down her lip and stared at her Juicy pumps; “There is something you’re hiding from me and I think you’re fighting with all your will power to keep it hidden.”
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Kurt sighed as he pushed his unfinished salad to the edge of the table to let the waitress know that he was finished. He'd completely lost his appetite.

"It wasn't just about slushies to the face or trips to the dumpster with him. Everyone else when they'd do things to me they'd laugh about it but Karofsky enjoyed it when he actually hurt me when he shoved me into lockers. And he liked to just show up. Everywhere. Anywhere. The way he looked at me freaked me out. I know how silly it sounds, getting upset just because he was looking at me, but....I don't know how to explain it. It was like he really enjoyed scaring me.

"When he threatened to kill me if I told anyone...about how he was terrorizing me--I know that a lot of people say stuff like that and don't really mean it, but--I believed him."
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:04 pm

It took quite a bit of time for Quinn to find a parking spot. Apparently Breadstix was the place to be, for the parking lot was packed. She only hoped that she and Sam would be able to get a table with this kind of crowd. After managing to find a spot, she headed inside, smoothing her casual dress down as she went. Once entering the restaurant, she headed to the Maitre D. "I'm not sure if my boyfriend is here or even managed to get a table, but his last name is Evans," she told the woman. Quinn was slightly stunned when she was led to a table, for the fact that Sam had gotten a table was rather impressive. Once she spotted Sam, she instantly beamed. "Hi," she greeted softly, kissing him gently on the cheek before moving to her own seat. "I can't believe you were able to get a table. It's completely packed," she said, glancing down at the menu in front of her.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 pm

“Well, you know me…”, Sam’s face broke into a smug smile, “I get the best for my girl.” He reached out from across the table to grasp her hand. He kissed her palm and looked her straight in the eyes, trying to give her his undivided attention. But his eyes slowly glazed over to Kurt who was looking anxious a few tables over. He watched as he fiddled with his salad.
He gently let go of his grasp of Quinn’s hands, he browsed the Breadstix menu. He attempted to make small talk about the food here, “I think the veal sandwich looks good. How about you?”
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Emma Pillsbury Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Emma shuddered, as she felt the chills reeling in. If any student intimidated Emma the most, it was Dave Karofsky. The way he terrorized helpless children and sent them into a never ending nightmare of pure terror really put her at edge. She had these paranoid thoughts that despite her status as an authority figure he still had the power to harm her too.
She pushed her salad away to indicate her lack of appetite, maybe- this was ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. She not only was getting herself into a very messy situation but obligating Kurt to relive his greatest fears. There was a reason why he transferred to Dalton, an escape. It was far from anyones duty to remind him why he left.
"I'm so sorry Kurt," she let out a meek whimper. She shook her head as she closed her leather journal. "I was out of line to force you to relive those past...events. And as an educator....I'm so sorry." She hung her head as she payed and tipped the waitress. She'd express her apologizes more but she was at loss for words. Emma sprang up from her seat and turned her heels to towards the exit.
She forced herself to look back at him. "I'm happy for you, Kurt. Overcoming your fears and rising above...that takes....that takes...courage. Something I could learn from a person like you. Your a real hero." And with that she vanished.
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Sorry for such a long wait! The holiday season is always a crazy time. I'll be on more frequently now though Smile

Quinn instantly allowed her own hands to intertwine with Sam's and for a moment thought of how lucky she was. Sam was always so thoughtful and sweet, something that felt like such a contrast compared to Puck. Finn...Finn had just been so innocent and rather naive. It seemed as though Sam knew how to make her feel like the luckiest girl. Glancing up from her menu, she really wasn't too sure of what she wanted. "Hmm, the veal does sound nice. I think I'm just going to go with the garden salad." She had worked really hard to get her figure back in shape and was nearly happy with her body, so the last thing she wanted to do was consume extra calories that Coach Sue would undoubtedly bitch about if she found out.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:23 am

[Oh, it’s not problem at all! I had a pretty hectic winter holidays myself so I’d know how that’d be like. But I’m glad to have you back so we can get our Fabrevans on. Wink]

Sam had called the waiter and had ordered his and Quinn’s meal. He let his mind wander as he enjoyed the few minutes of silence. He remembered his first date here with Quinn and how despite his lame impressions and Avatar talk he had won Quinn over.
Quinn was the sun to his universe this year, at least that’s how he liked to think of it. He had fallen in love with astronomy and despite his mediocre grades he attended to pursue it in the future. I mean, if his potential football scholarship didn’t happen to have worked out.
“So,” Sam settled on starting some easy conversation, “How about our win at Sectionals this year? We really killed it out there, babe. I don’t know…I think we could give Finn and Rachel a little run for their money.” He gave her a friendly wink, “Although, if Mr. Schuester gives us one more solo I’m pretty sure Rachel will totally put up her bitch-diva act.”
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:11 am

[Yessss, Fabrevans. Though, I'm excited to see how all the things with Kurt go down XD]

"We did do really well," Quinn said with a pleased grin. Her mind flashed back to sectionals and she couldn't help but to think of how amazing the whole experience had been. Sure, she had been unbelievably nervous right before "Time of My Life" started up, yet with Sam by her side, he had made her feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the large crowd. "I think Berry will probably explode if she doesn't get a solo anytime soon. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love when she's not in the spotlight...but at the same time, hearing her dramatics over the whole thing is extremely annoying. Mr. Schue just needs to work on finding the right balance with assigning solos."
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 pm

[Haha, well…I’m going to concentrate a little more on Fabrevans. I think it’s a super cute pairing and I can’t help but eat up how adorable they are. Despite their Barbie and Ken nickname which is a total win. I do love Klaine, but I think I want to demonstrate a little more depth to Sam Evans. So maybe he’ll have a little crush on Kurt but nothing to hectic yet.]

“No kidding!” Sam exclaimed, nodding his head enthusiastically at Quinn. “I mean, the dude’s awesome and all but he’s been such a wreck these past days. I think it’s cruel to say but he might be losing his touch…” He gave her a timid shrug as he took a sip of his cranberry water. He had talked himself out of drinking any type of unhealthy soda.
“I’m pretty excited for our glee assignment; I mean…it’s going to be awesome rocking the whole Hercules thing.” Sam caught himself for mentioning her little get together with Kurt. She’d be a bit suspicious why of all people he had chosen Kurt to rehearse with.
“So what are you planning on doing?” He asked with some curiosity.

Last edited by Sam Evans on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 pm

"You'll definitely be able to pull the Hercules thing off really well," Quinn said with a grin. "I mean, it's one of those roles that seems as though it's just made for you. Like when we did the whole Rocky Horror Picture Show...you were a perfect Rocky." She thought of her project, still unsure how she felt about the whole thing. "Well, I have Beauty and the Beast...so the main theme song seems to make the most sense right now." She didn't add how it was probably the most relatable out of all the songs, for that would require a lot of explaining. The last thing she wanted to do was to get into how she viewed Puck and the relationship that she had had with him, yet "Beauty and the Beast" was the song that related to their relationship the best. "I still have a little more time to decide though," she said, taking a sip of her water.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 am

He flashed a flirtatious grin as she complimented him. She really knew how to keep Sam content; he knew that she was well aware that reminding him he’d perfect playing roles that involved being macho and masculine was his soft spot. It totally increased his self esteem and it made him feel just a bit more deserving for landing such an awesome girl like Quinn.
Sam listened intently as she spoke about Beauty and The Beast, he would at least to attempt to add something in but he honestly never saw that movie-or most Disney movies for that matter.
As their food arrived, Sam made an offer he hopes Quinn wouldn’t refuse. “We could make it a duet maybe? I mean like I said before…we killed the other Duet competition snagging us the male/female lead at sectionals…we’d be amazing…” He trailed off as he dug into his sandwich, a small slab of honey muster smeared on his chin, although he didn’t seem to notice.
“Besides,” he licked his lips, still missing the mustard stain, “singing with you is the happiest time in the world for me. It just feels so right.”
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Quinn hadn't even thought about the fact that she definitely could turn the performance into a duet. "That's true," she mused. "I mean, even if it were 'Something There'. That's a duet song so that could work. I'll think about it though, for the lyrics don't really apply to us at all. I mean, I don't think you were ever mean, coarse, or unrefined. You've always been amazing, nice, and sweet, quite the opposite of the beast," she said with a smile.

Once their food arrived, she put as little dressing on her salad as she could, not wanting the extra calories at all. She honestly loved when Sam said certain things to her that made her feel like the luckiest girl. It still amazed her how she managed to find someone so amazing after everything that she had been through the previous school year. "I love singing with you," she agreed. Looking up at him, she let out a light chuckle when she saw that he had mustard on his face. "Clearly you are enjoying that sandwich," she remarked. "You've got a little bit of mustard...right here," she said, tapping his own face to indicate where the mustard on his face was.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Sam individually picked out the dill pickles that were stuffed inside his sandwich, he plopped them into his mouth as he listened to Quinn explain the duet. He shrugged as he licked his fingers. “I’m pretty bad ass, you know…I could always rough of my image a bit.” He stroked what he considered a pose that demonstrated how tough he was and then burst into a series of chuckles. Then he shook his head, facing the facts:
“Yeah, I guess I’m too much of a nice guy. That may be why Puckerman always torments me for being too soft.” He released a shy smile as he looked down at the floor. He didn’t mind, honestly, that helped him win the heart of the girl of his dreams and it seemed to have boosted his reputation.
“I have a little mustard?” he wiped his mouth with a napkin, still missing the spot. “Where?”, Sam questioned, while raising a suspicious eyebrow. The mustard stain still remained on his face.
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:12 am

"Well, I like you the way you are," she said with a grin, amused as he did his tough pose. "I've already tried the whole 'rough and tough guy' thing, and it doesn't work. You on the other hand, are perfect the way you are. So please, don't ever change." She loved the way that Sam acted around her, even if he had some moments of ridiculous, such as the Avatar thing. It was honestly, extremely endearing.

She continued to look at him as he missed the spot of mustard on his chin. "You missed it," she said, letting out a light laugh. "Here," she murmured, taking her own napkin off her lap and then leaning forward across the table. She wiped the spot of his chin, flashing him a wide smile after she did. "All better," she grinned, sitting back down in her seat.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Sam felt as his cheeks burned and his usually bronze skin tone turned to a scarlet shade. He rubbed his thumb over where Quinn had wiped the mustard stain off. "Thanks." He simply said, looking down at his shoes, still flustered. Did Quinn really like him that much and think he was perfect just the way he was?
He was honestly so self-conscious about who he was, but hearing that Quinn liked him for him made it all worth while. For that very moment, it was like no other person's opinion mattered the slightest.
Throwing in his napkin and signaling the waitress, Sam wrapped up their lunch date. "I'm stuffed. But I could go for some desert? What do you say?" He offered, ogling the delectable chocolate cake that was placed on the table at the booth beside them. With a shrug, he reassured her it was a nice break: "C'mon why don't we not think of our bodies or being Prom King/Queen for a minute? Have some fun and eat a piece of cake?"
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 am

"Of course," she replied with a smile as she watched him touch his own face. She noted the way he reacted to the whole thing; the way he almost seemed embarrassed. That was the last thing that she wanted him to feel that way though. Placing her napkin on the table, she took another sip of her water before allowing her eyes to move over to the desserts. "Well," she began hesitantly before breaking off. Sure, keeping her figure was extremely important, especially after all the hard work of getting herself back in shape, yet she had been extremely good about it. Perhaps this one thing would be a little reward for doing so well. "Alright," she agreed with a wide smile. "Why don't we share one of those chocolate ones," she suggested after seeing the way he was looking at the cake.
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sammy Evans Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:45 am

Sam chippered up when she had agreed on letting them split that mouth-watering, delectable piece of chocolate cake. As much as protein shakes were satisfying and consisted of power and endurance- it tasted like sand and he needed to treat his taste buds as well as himself. His eating habits were boarder line ridiculous...he felt guilty as hell for eating a simple hot dog or a small bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.
Today's lunch was about as much carbs he'd usually in take in a week...but it didn't matter. He was spending time with his favorite girl and they were agreeing into indulging into their sweet tooth side.
"Yes!" he exclaimed, fighting the urge to kiss her right there. "I knew you'd give in!"
He called over the waitress, and ordered the chocolate cake with pride. When it came around, his mouth started watering yet his eyes darted at Quinn. "Lady's first..", he forked off a bite size piece of the cake and fed it to Quinn feeling like a true romantic. "Now how was that?"
Sammy Evans
Sammy Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 am

"Well, it was hard to say no to that face you were giving me," she smiled. He seemed like he had wanted the cake so bad, so who was she to deny him a piece? She had mentally estimated the calories she had consumed for the day and figured that having a bit of the cake really wouldn't be a bad thing. Once she had agreed to having the cake, he seemed more than excited and that had made her even more delighted with the decision. Plus, it did look extremely delicious. There was nothing wrong with enjoying a piece of cake really. They had both been working hard with keeping their figures, so enjoying this one thing was something that seemed quite okay in her mind. "Well thank you," she said, leaning forward slightly and taking a bite of the cake. "That...is amazing," she said, eyes widening slightly after swallowing. "You seriously need to try that now. It's to die for."
Head Admin
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next