New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breadstix Restaurant

+7
Finn_Hudson
Burt Hummel
Blaine Anderson
Sammy Evans
Emma Pillsbury
Kurt Hummel
Head Admin
11 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breadstix Restaurant  - Page 4 Empty Re: Breadstix Restaurant

Post  Kurt Hummel Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Kurt wasn't sure how to react to the news that Finn and Rachel were *married*. On one hand...he was a romantic at heart and he adored them both and one day in the future he would love to have Rachel as a step-sister-in-law. But...it was too soon. Still, they were going to have enough people who were going to give them trouble, so he smiled and hugged her tightly. "Oooh. I'm so happy for you! And that's a really nice ring." At least it was for the sort of budget he knew Finn could (or couldn't) afford.

He froze as he heard Karofsky. As he looked past Rachel and saw what Karofsky was doing, he flooded with anger. "Hey!" he snapped at Dave. "You send that message and you'll be sued for slander!" he blurted out, hoping that that wasn't the reason behind the marriage, and that Dave wouldn't know that the likelihood of such a lawsuit succeeding would be unlikely at best. He glared at Dave, his heart racing but his protective nature winning out over his fear. "Seriously, I wouldn't send that if I were you," he said, a threatening tone in his voice.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Blaine wasn't sure what Burt would think about his stepson getting married at such a young age. He knew he was a bit of a hopeless romantic himself, but even he wanted to wait until after college, he thought to himself as he cast a glance at Kurt, unable to hide a small smile at the thought of Kurt being the one he'd be with for the rest of his life. He shook himself out of his happy dream land and smiled happily at Finn and Rachel. "Congratulat--" He was cut off by Karofsky's unnecessary comment, and before he had time to react Kurt was standing up to Karofsky on his own. Blaine didn't think Karofsky would do anything to physically hurt Kurt-- Not with so many people around. So as Kurt talked back to his bully, Blaine watched with the smallest hint of a smile, his eyes sparkling with pride and admiration as he watched his boyfriend do what he had never had the courage to do with his own bullies.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Finn's heart was beating hard in his chest. This wasn't going well. But they had to stay strong, they had to prove that they meant it and that this was for real. "Just ignore him guys!" Finn told them. They had more pressing issues to deal with, and they could kick Karofsky's ass anytime. "Listen, Rachel is not pregnant! I promise. We didn't even have a scare!" he rubbed his thumb over Rachel's hand in an effort to calm her down, locking eyes with her and smiling as he continued to speak to the other three at the table. "I took her on a trip to see Wicked in Cinci and we realized that we're gonna be together for the rest of our lives. And, you know what, why not start the rest of our lives now? It takes some people, like, forever to find their soulmates. We're just... going a little bit quicker than most people. But we're lucky!" he smiled, trying to show them his point. "We get to have that happiness even longer than most people because we found each other so young! This is good!" he broke his gaze from Rachel and looked at the three guys seriously. "We're happy. Yeah, we're young but we love each other, and we're serious about knowing that this is what we want."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Kurt had his misgivings, especially since Finn and Rachel had kind of a spotty dating history with each other. And Finn...well...he didn't always seem to know what he wanted other than he wanted people to like him--sometimes to a fault. He sincerely hoped for the best for them, though. And he was a hopeless romantic at heart and was all for fairy tale endings. So he set aside all the negative thoughts and chose for now to be cautiously happy for them. "Congratulations! Though I can't believe you got married and didn't invite *me*. Or let me plan. I suppose I can forgive you...if you let me plan you a reception."
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 pm

Rachel hugged Kurt back and mouthed 'Thank you' at him and Blaine for their congratulations. She was still anxiously awaiting a response from Burt when she felt Kurt stand next to her and she gaped in shock as he stood up to Karofsky. He had stood up to Karofsky for her. She had seen firsthand how upset Dave made Kurt, and yet he still stood up to him for her. She couldn't help but admire his bravery. Rachel tugged on his sleeve to get him to sit and wrapped him in another quick hug, just to show him her gratitude. She pulled back and nodded. "We wanted to have a real ceremony later," she said, nodding quickly, looking to Finn for confirmation. "And I want you to do it, if you don't mind."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:33 pm

At her urging, Kurt sat back down, relieved that Karofsky was seemingly backing off again. His heart was still beating way too fast, but he relaxed again, smiling at Rachel's announcement that they were still going to have a wedding. He nodded enthusiastically at her invitation for him to help plan the wedding. And this time since it wouldn't have to be thrown together in such a hurry he could really do it all up right. "I would love to! And oooh! I think I know just the place we should go to find the perfect dress for you," he chattered excitedly, his mind racing already as he started picturing the whole scene in his head. He frowned though, as he suddenly realized that his father hadn't said anything yet. He glanced over at his dad, suddenly concerned that maybe their announcement had shocked his dad into another heart attack. "Dad?" he asked worriedly.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 am

Burt was doing his best to remain calm, but he could not believe what his stepson and his girlfriend were telling him. He was new enough at being Finn's father that he wasn't entirely sure how he should handle the situation. If it were Kurt, he'd be marching him straight down to city hall to get this..."marriage" annulled. But it wasn't Kurt. Oh how he wished Carole were here to handle this situation. Or at least indicate how she would want him to handle it. "You eloped?" he finally managed to repeat back, his temper clearly on edge. "Does your mother know about this?" he asked Finn, his voice strained. "Or your fathers?" he asked Rachel. He barely resisted the urge to ask them if they had any idea just how insanely stupid a move they'd just made. Marriage wasn't something to do lightly, and they were far too young and inexperienced to know what they wanted. Sure it was a nice thought that they'd found soulmates in each other, but the likelihood was that they'd get out of high school and find that they have very different ideas of which direction they want to go in life. And if they were soulmates? They could always get married *later*. But now...? He could feel his anger and frustration with his stepson growing the more he thought about this. "Do you have any idea what you've gotten yourselves into? Tell me this--where are you two planning to live?"

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Finn could see the anger visable on Burt's face and he wasn't going to lie- it kind of scared him. But he loved Rachel and he didn't regret their decision one bit. Maybe it was crazy and out of order and people would judge them, but none of it mattered as long as he and Rachel were side by side. They could do this. "We were hoping we could stay at one of our houses." he answered finally. "But if you and mom and the Mr. Berrys don't want that, then we'll figure something else out. But we're not changing our minds- we got married and we're happy and nothing is going to change that." He hoped he sounded strong and brave, because he knew that he had to be the one to stand up for them- it was his job. He made a promise to Rachel at that altar, and no matter how sporadic it was, he was going to keep it. Sending a greatful glance his brother's way, he tried to smile. "A party sounds great Kurt. That'd be awesome."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 am

Burt glared a little bit at Kurt, silently telling his son not to encourage them. He bit his tongue before he let his temper get the better of him. It wasn't that he wouldn't welcome Rachel into his home--under just about any other circumstance, he'd do so with welcome arms. And really, his anger was coming from a place of deep concern more than anything else--not just for Finn, but for Rachel as well. From what Kurt had told him about her, and what he'd witnessed for himself, she had big dreams and wouldn't be content for long sticking around a place like Lima and raising a family. He had little doubt that the two were in love and as serious as teenagers could be about the marriage thing, but they had no idea what they were setting themselves up for. He wiped his hand over his mouth, holding back all the things he wanted to tell them. Besides, he needed to talk to Carole and find out how she wanted to play this thing before he did anything rash. He took a deep breath.

"Alright," he tried again, speaking as calmly as he could. "I think we all--you two, your mom, me, and the Berrys need to sit down and talk about this whole thing. I would say tonight, but your mom is working. It will have to be tomorrow. Do your fathers know about this?" he asked Rachel, rubbing his temple as though he were trying to alleviate a headache.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Rachel sat quietly as Mr Hummel seemed to get madder and madder. Normally she would have interjected at this point, but what was she to say? After all, Burt was sort of, almost her...father in law (or was it step father in law?), and she didn't want to already have a strained relationship by opening her big mouth and letting her word vomit take over. So she sat in silence as Finn and Mr Hummel talked things out. She shook her head when Mr Hummel addressed her. "No," she said quietly. "They're out of town for the weekend. I didn't think this was the sort of thing to tell them over the phone. They'll be back in the morning."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Karofsky Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Dave was momentarily startled by Hummel's outburst. He looked back at the Hummel-Hudson-preppykid-Berry table, his jaw dropped slightly open. He frowned as he watched Berry and prepkid fawning all over Hummel and settling him back down. Of course Hummel was all brave now, with his huge father and friends surrounding him. Dave smirked a little as he imagined what they'd do if they saw how Hummel's bravery completely crumbled when they weren't there to protect him. "What would it be worth to you for me not to send it?" he muttered, making sure that he was loud enough that those sitting at the other table could 'overhear' him.
Karofsky
Karofsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Blaine rolled his eyes at Karofsky's comment. He really didn't like to cause scenes in public but he was honestly getting sick of the bully following them wherever they went. "I'm sorry," he directed over at the boy in the other booth. "But did we ask you to be part of this conversation? I believe Kurt told you not to send the message, so I suggest you take his advice," he said firmly, the annoyance obvious in the tone of his voice as he spoke to Karofsky.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Kurt flashed Blaine a grateful smile as he rested his head back on his boyfriend's shoulder. He didn't even want to think about what sort of deal Karofsky was trying to make. "Thank you, but please...just ignore him," he murmured to Blaine, wrapping his arms around Blaine's shoulders. "He's trying to get a rise out of us. If he sends something out saying that Rachel's pregnant, everyone will find out he's a liar tomorrow anyway."
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Karofsky Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Dave's lip twitched as he glared back at Prep Boy. His scowl turned into a smirk as his eyes drifted toward Kurt again. He raised the phone, his finger hovering over the send button. "What's it going to be, Hummel? Should I send it or not?" he taunted, openly gloating at the power he wielded. If any of them took even a small step toward him he could press the button before they had a chance to stop him.

[Sent same time as Kurt's...just assume Karofsky couldn't hear Kurt]
Karofsky
Karofsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Kurt sighed as he heard Karofsky's taunt. He knew what he'd just said to Blaine was right, but he couldn't help but feel terrible anyway. He glanced at Rachel, knowing that he'd feel horrible if the rumor got started because even though she wasn't pregnant, having that rumor going around would cause her a lot of headaches. He closed his eyes for a few moments, trying to figure out what he should do. He knew what Karofsky was trying to get him to agree to, and the mere thought made him feel nauseous. There was no way--even for one of his best friends--that he could go through with something like that.

On the other hand, he really didn't intend to meet up with Karofsky at all. He now had his 'chat' with his father to tend to after the game. And of course there was Blaine, who Kurt was certain would not let him go anywhere alone while in Lima. So maybe agreeing to his "deal" would shut him up.

"No," he answered loud enough for Karofsky to hear. "You shouldn't. If you're asking if I could stop you, no, I can't. So if you're going to do it, just do it," he snapped, though he didn't have much firepower behind his words. He glanced apologetically at both Rachel and Finn before turning and tucking his face against Blaine's neck, hoping it would signal the end of their conversation with Karofsky.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Blaine smiled apologetically and rested his head against Kurt's. He normally agreed that ignoring Karofsky was the best policy, but he felt wrong just sitting with everyone and not saying anything. "You're right," he replied softly, still feeling awful for not being able to do anything about Karofsky's taunting and bullying. He sighed at Karofsky's comment, but did as Kurt suggested and ignored it.

He was about to make a comment to Rachel about explaining the situation to her parents as a distraction from all of Karofsky's comments, but before he could open his mouth he turned his head back to look at Kurt as the other boy snapped at Karofsky. He shot the bully a look that suggested he drop the taunting comments after that, then turned his attention back to Kurt, soothingly running his fingers through his boyfriend's hair as he wrapped his other arm around Kurt's waist.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Burt's eyes locked with Rachel's when she answered. He believed her about her dads being away, and he agreed with her that this was not the sort of thing they should hear over the phone. That was the only reason he hadn't yet called Carole. "Okay. Well when they get home, I want you to make sure they give me a call so we can get together and discuss what to do about...this."

Though he was still completely convinced that marriage at their age was a horrible mistake, at least he knew that Finn and Rachel were both pretty good kids. He wasn't saddled with a daughter-in-law (or son-in-law) like the Karofsky kid across the aisle; he was completely aware of how the creep was still eying his son. And if he didn't quit soon, Burt was going to use that as an excuse to completely blow his temper. But he could only deal with one crisis at a time.

"I want to be clear about something," he told Rachel, knowing that for the moment she was officially one of his kids. They didn't know each other all that well yet and he didn't want to start out a potentially life-long relationship with such a bad scene. "This isn't something against you. You're a good kid. But I'm not going to pretend that I think this is a good idea at this point in your lives...I am disappointed with the both of you," he looked to Finn to include him. "You should have talked to your mom and your fathers before doing something this major. Dropping this on us...it's a lot to chew on."

He considered saying more, but he wasn't quite ready to welcome her into the family yet. In a few years, he would be happy to call her his daughter. But not yet.

He pursed his lips as the Karofsky kid started in again, but before he could turn his temper loose on the kid Blaine snapped at him, standing up for Kurt. Another point in the boy's favor. He glared at Karofsky. "Thought the coach didn't want you carb loading," he remembered Finn's earlier words. "I think you should pack up your food to eat after the game and get out of here," he said, his voice low and menacing.

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Finn listened to Burt's words carefully. All in all, it wasn't as bad as he'd imagined. Burt hadn't hit him or ended up back in the hospital, they hadn't been kicked out of Breadstix, and Rachel wasn't crying so he considered this somewhat of a victory. Sure, Burt wasn't happy about it but he wasn't, like, furious. It could have been a lot worse, so Finn was thankful that things were going this well. But even after Rachel's dads and his mom found out, no matter how angry they were it wasn't going to change any of this. He and Rachel were married and even if they wanted to, legally there wasn't anything their parents could do to change it. "That sounds fair." he told Burt. Finn desperately wished he could take Rachel aside and talk to her about all of this, but they could talk on the way to the game in the car. Instead he lifted Rachel's hand and placed a kiss over her ring, silently trying to let her know that he was still one hundred percent in this. It didn't matter what happened, he was still happy with their decision.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 am

Rachel kept a steady gaze on Mr Hummel as he spoke, and in a rare moment she listened to every single word someone else said, though she liked to think she was doing better with that. "Fair enough," she replied to his first comment. "But if you don't mind, I would appreciate you not telling them the reason for this visit over the phone. I want to tell my fathers myself, and I'd like to do so with my husband-" she stressed the word, eyes flashing slightly, "-by my side."

Rachel nodded as he made his last point. She didn't agree, for if they had talked it over with their parents they would never have been allowed to do it. But Rachel wasn't about to argue. Mr Hummel's stern words were more than she could have hoped for in this situation. Sure, he would probably be adamant about making the marriage void, but Rachel wanted Finn. Rachel wanted to be married to Finn, and she wanted to be married to him now. And what Rachel Barbra Berry-Hudson wanted, she got. That's just how things worked.

Her eyes connected with Finn's as he kissed her ring gently, and a small smile graced her lips. No matter what happened, they were in it together, and that thought alone made Rachel believe that everything would work out in their favour.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Burt Hummel Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:23 pm

"Agreed. This is not the sort of thing a parent should ever hear over the phone." Burt thought for a moment. "Maybe it would just be best if instead of them calling, you should tell them that Carole and I are inviting you and your dads to meet us for lunch. Make that brunch. Or...or one of those tea par...no, forget the tea party. Brunch. Brunch would be good. Early brunch." He rubbed his forehead. "But you got to tell your ma as soon as she's home tonight," he pointed at Finn. "And if you're staying at our house tonight," he looked at Rachel, "you'll stay in the guest room." To clarify, he looked at Finn. "And you will stay home tonight in your own room." His brow furrowed as he realized a significant problem with the arrangement. It wouldn't be fair to kick Kurt out of his room, but he couldn't have Kurt and Blaine staying together in the boys' room and he knew Kurt wouldn't stand for making Blaine stay on the couch. His eyes settled on Blaine for a few moments. Then the inspiration struck and he turned back to Rachel. "You and Kurt can share the guest room, Finn and Blaine can use the boys' room." That would keep both couples separate and he could sleep with that arrangement. "At least until we get this whole...situation worked out."

Burt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 pm

"Okay. After the game tonight Rachel and I will stop by her house and talk to her dads about brunch, then come home and tell mom." Finn agreed. Her dads wouldn't have a problem if they knew she was sleeping over with Kurt- that wasn't even technically a lie. Besides, Finn knew that before the night was through Rachel or himself would wind up moving to the other's bed. It didn't mean they were going to do anything, but they'd gotten used to sleeping next to each other and that wasn't about to change. What Burt didn't know wouldn't hurt him.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:02 pm

"Alright," Rachel nodded, again only agreeing to the first part. She frowned as she heard the sleeping arrangements. That simply wouldn't do. She had gotten so accustomed to sleeping next to Finn that it was next to impossible to fall asleep without his arms around her. She quickly decided she would sneak into Finn's room as soon as possible and send Blaine up to Kurt's. She knew she and Finn wouldn't do anything with his family (and sort of hers) and Blaine in the house. That would be really creepy. Kurt would probably be thinking along the same lines.

Rachel was anxious though. She had thought that Burt might react in this way, but she had no idea about Carole. She really didn't want Carole to be upset about anything because she truly considered the woman to be like a mother, no matter her own marital status, and she didn't want to mess that up. Rachel's leg bounced anxiously at the very thought of telling Carole.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 pm

"Fair enough," Blaine agreed with a small nod. He hadn't really expected to be allowed to sleep in his boyfriend's room anyway, so it wasn't much of a surprise. He knew sneaking out would be a bad idea, seeing as he had just met Burt and wanted to make a good first impression. And Burt...seemed like the type of dad who stayed at him cleaning his shotgun while his son was out on a date, so Blaine knew better than to get on his bad side. He loved Kurt and cared about Burt's opinion of him, so he sat there with the others, completely oblivious to the undapper thoughts going on in Finn and Rachel's heads.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 am

Kurt wasn't all that thrilled with the sleeping arrangements. Not that he didn't love Rachel and all, and he most definitely didn't expect to do anything but sleep in his father's house, but...he was rather accustomed to cuddling with Blaine until he fell asleep. He also felt as though Blaine's presence chased away the nightmares that Karofsky's presence tended to cause him. He wasn't so sure that Rachel would have that same affect. Or even worse, he wasn't entirely sure that he wouldn't...wake up cuddled with Rachel like he normally did with Blaine. That wouldn't go over well with ANY of them.

"Or...ooh! We could totally have a slumber party in the living room!" he suggested, raising his eyebrows as he looked at his father, hoping to gain approval of that plan. That way they could all stay in the proximity of their significant others, but his father would be satisfied that nothing..."inappropritae" would happen under his roof.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Karofsky Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:42 am

Dave didn't like being ignored, but he couldn't exactly do anything with Hummel's dad right there. He listened in on what they were saying, and occasionally stole glances at Hummel. He couldn't wait for their date after the game. He scowled as he listened to Hummel suggesting a slumber party. His preppy friend was staying over? That complicated things. Hummel had better not skip out on their date or Dave would make him sorry...
Karofsky
Karofsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next