New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reed's Dorm Room

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reed's Dorm Room Empty Reed's Dorm Room

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reed's Dorm Room Empty Re: Reed's Dorm Room

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Walks into the room and flops onto the bed not even noticing Blaine. *groans*
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Blaine looked up from where he was sitting in the chair by Reed's bed. He had been meaning to catch up with his fellow Warbler but they kept missing each other whenever Blaine found the time to sit down and talk with him. "Reed?" he asked hesitantly as he realized Reed wasn't looking so great. "You alright?"
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Looks up from bed slowly and jumps a little when he realises he's not alone. "Oh Hi Blaine. I'm just confused, that's all, and now with the fair, Regionals and parent's night all coming up I guess I'm just stressed." He gives a half hearted smile, as he sits up on the bed and gazes out the window.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Shane ran a hand through his hair. He straightened his t-shirt. He cleared his throat. 'Don't be a sissy, Anderson. Just go for it. Be strong.'
He raised his hand, considered, lowered it, raised it again, 'Now or never...'
He knocked on Reed's door. rap rap rap
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Reed looks away from the window and turns toward the door I wonder who that could be.... "Come in!"
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Shane, trying desperately to keep his composure, heard Reed's voice. His heart beating at 500 miles an hour, Shane reached slowly for the doorknob. Stay calm, stay calm...
Why was he so nervous?
He opened the door. His tight smile turned genuine when he saw Reed's face.
"Hello," he breathed.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Reed looks startled as the blood rushes to his face Damnit...Why does he always do this to me! Stay calm Reed, calm He opens his mouth to speak and then closes it a few times before deciding on an appropriate response.

"Shane! What are you - I mean how- You're not supposed to be here!" Reed mentally slapped himself at the idiocy of his words. Why was it that Shane made him so flustered?
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Shane smiled, seeing Reed looking as disgruntled as he felt.
"I was bored. Someone," Shane shot an angry look at Blaine, "told me to stay in his room." Shane rolled his eyes. "But I was bored so I decided to come exploring. I hope you don't mind?" He quirked an eyebrow at Reed.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:38 pm

"Why would I mind?" Reed replied almost automatically and then realized what he had just said and blushed, yet again. "I mean, It's just well..." what was it? He searched his mind for the words. He sighed and muttered weakly, "I-I missed you...I tried calling, and you didn't answer..."
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:41 pm

"Well, I..." Shane trailed off, remembering his intentions of asking Reed to go to the Valentine's Fair. "I just...um...It wasn't because I didn't want to talk to you. I..." He fumbled with his crutches. "I'm getting way better at walking. I'll probably be crutch-free by the Fair!" He smiled, hoping Reed wasn't too upset that he hadn't called.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:46 pm

"Oh...that's good. For the fair." He wasn't sure how to respond. He was still a bit hurt that Shane hadn't talked to him, but was glad he was feeling better. 'The Fair...' he thought, and then remembered, 'THE FAIR! Oh no..Now I'll have to sing in front of everybody AND Shane!' Reed flashed a look of distress.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Shane saw Reed's look of distress and mistook it for a response to Shane's coming to the Fair at all.
"Unless you don't want me to come to the Fair. I mean, if it's...weird...I totally understand, I just wanted...I thought..." Shane sighed, fumbling with his t-shirt. "I thought it'd be fun to go. You know. To the Fair. Even if I was...alone..." He paused. He needed to change the subject. "You're singing, right?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:55 pm

"I'll be alone too, you know" looks down to the floor nervously and then up to Shane, "Yes, I'm singing...unfortunately." he sighs and looks back to the floor embaressed. "I'm just scared. I've never sung alone before..."
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:09 pm

"Ooh!" Shane jumped up and down, excited at the prospect of Reed performing. Also at the prospect of Reed not going to the Fair with someone else. "What song? You could practice now! Right now! Concert! In front of me and Blaine!" He gestuerd to his brother. "It would be fun. Pleeeeeeeeeease?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Reed's eyes widen at Shane's enthusiasm and then smiles, "I'm not quite sure yet, but when I know you'll be the first I'll tell, allright?" Reed was honestly just happy he was going to the fair at all. He had thought Shane was avoiding him all this time. He was happy that wasn't the case. The fair would be the perfect time for some...erm...developement in their odd relationship.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Shane's eyes traveled over Reed's face, and he thought of Micah, of all people. What was Blaine thinking right now? Was he thinking of Micah? Was he afraid Shane would be as careless with Reed as he was with Micah? But what did Shane have to be careful about? He was in Dalton, his dad was thousands of miles away. There was no problem here.
And then Reed himself. Maybe that was what Shane should be careful about. Reed was...confused, after all. He didn't know where he stood, and that was okay with Shane. It was alright that Reed didn't know, but Shane really wished there was some way to help the blonde boy in designer clothes.
Shane smiled and said, "Well, how about you sing something, then? Give me a taste of your solo abilities? I'm sure you're amazing." He crossed the room and picked up Reed's iPod. He scrolled through until he found a suitable song. He pressed play and If I Fell by the Beatles fill the room. "Go on. Sing."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 pm

At the sound of the music Reed turned bright scarlet. What was he trying to do!? He opened his mouth to protest, but the music had already started and Reed had no choice but to sing. He opened his mouth as he sang softly staring at the floor, wringing his hands self-conciously.

If I fell in love with you...
Would you promise to be true?
And help meee understand...

Reed's eyes widened at the meaning behind the words that had just left his mouth. He needed Shane to help him understand who he was. He still was confused, but every moment with the boy in front of him seemed to make it all that much easier to forget his trepidation. He lifted his eyes from the floor and stared wide eyed at Shane expectingly for him to sing the next line.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:43 pm

'Cause I've been in love before, and I've found that love was more than just holding hands.
Shane smiled as he sang, realizing just how very relevant this song was.
He had been in love before. With Micah, and other boys at his school. But this...how he felt about Reed...it was different. The feelings he'd had before were nothing compared to this emotional ambush he had every time he looked at Reed. And it was only intensifying with time.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:49 pm

If I gave my heart to you,
I must be sure from the very start,
that you, would love me more than her...

Reed meant every word of what he was saying now. Every nerve ending in his body was wired. He knew that Shane had been in love with Micah before. How could he compete with that? Reed had never even KISSED a boy before! He wasn't even sure of who he was. How could Shane love him? He was so unsure...

He turned away self-conciously
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 pm

If I trust in you,
Oh please, don't run and hide.
If I love you too, oh please.
Don't hurt my pride like her.
'Cause I couldn't stand the pain.
And I would be sad if our new love was in vain.

Shane thought of Micah, and how he'd just left when things got hard. He hoped Reed wouldn't leave if things ever got hard between them.
That was, if things ever even happened between them.
But looking at Reed's face...He was so vulnerable, so unsure, that Shane couldn't imagine him hurting anyone. No, Shane decided. Reed will not be like Micah.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 pm

So I hope you see
That I...
Would love to love you...

Reed moved closer to Shane as he stared right into his eyes. He meant every word right now...He would love to love him, he just didn't know if he could. All he knew was that right now, it was the truth.

And that she will cry
When she learns we are two
If I fell in love with you

The song finished and all Reed could do was stare. He couldn't walk, he couldn't move. His heart was beating 100 times a minute. He was scared, he wanted to turn away, but he couldn't. He wasn't going to run this time.

Courage.

That was what Blaine had told Kurt, wasn't it? Courage.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 pm

[Sorry guys! I went to see I Am Number Four and just got back now. Oops <.<]

Blaine couldn't help but smile during the entire performance. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen his brother this happy and it felt good to see Shane smile like that as he sang with Reed. When the song ended, he applauded them both politely then stood up. There was obviously things they both wanted to talk about without having a third wheel in the room. "That was amazing. You two should sing together more often. Seriously." He glanced over at the door then back between his friend and his brother. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some studying that I've been putting off," he lied, trying to hide his smile at the thought of giving these two some alone time. "I'll see you both later." He walked over to the door, pausing to look back and smile one last time at the both of them before he opened the door and walked out, closing it quietly behind him.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

"Well," breathed Shane, slightly red upon realizing that his brother had been in the room the whole time. He'd nearly forgotten the other boy was there at all. "I agree with Blaine. That was really good. No idea what you're on about, being nervous and all that. I've never heard anyone sing like you do." It was true, but Shane feared he might be biased. "I can't wait until I get to hear you sing again."
He ran a hand through his unruly hair, though it had no effect on the curly mess.
"I'm sorry to ruin the whole thing with my, er, less than spectacular voice." Shane laughed nervously.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Reed laughed. He knew Shane was less than confident in his voice, something which Reed found oddly endearing. Reed liked singing with Shane regardless of the fact that Shane was more than slightly out of key half the time. He never seamed to notice. It was only the two of them, alone with the music.

alone

The thought had only just struck Reed. They were alone. Blaine had left and now it was the two of them, with the giant pink elephant in the room.

"I-you- just-don't say that." he sighed in an attempt to mask the silence. He looked to the floor and blushed as he confessed, "I-I like singing with you."
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next