New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Van Kamp Household

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Van Kamp Household - Page 2 Empty Re: The Van Kamp Household

Post  Reed Van Kamp Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Reed laughed at Shane's obvious hunger and nodded at Kurt's suggestion."Well...I'm pretty awful at cooking, me being my clumsy self. My mom doesn't really let me anywhere NEAR the kitchen appliances. So...I'd say ordering in's probably our best bet." He shuddered at the memory of the LAST time he'd tried to bake cookies. He had nearly set the whole house on fire. "Unless Kurt wants to work his magic" he looked at Kurt, knowing full well how amazing he was in the kitchen. His cookies were to die for.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Shane didn't want to make Kurt cook dinner, although the way Reed looked at Kurt now made him suspect that there was something special about Kurt's baking.
"We can just order pizza or something really low-key," he said. "We can split the cost?" He thought of his wallet, hoping there was enough money in it to pay for 25% of a pizza.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Blaine smiled at Reed and laughed. "Don't worry about it. I'm just as hopeless when it comes to anything relating to being in the kitchen." He casually shrugged his shoulders as they discussed what to do about food, not really minding what they got to eat, though he was pretty sure that Kurt wasn't a huge fan of pizza. "I'm up for anything."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Kurt smiled at Reed's mention of his 'magic' in the kitchen. He was no Rachael Ray or anything, but he did enjoy cooking, and he was pretty confident in his ability to create a good healthy meal. But then, healthy meals were usually not the favorites of teenage boys who were already taking about pizza. Though he would never admit it, he was rather fond of pizza himself...though it would mean an extra hour on the treadmill. It would be worth it, he supposed, if it made a better first impression on his boyfriend's brother. "That sounds good," he agreed, pulling out his wallet to put in his money. "And while we're waiting for it, maybe I can make some cookies," he suggested, mentally adding another hour to his workout routine. If he was going to be a bad eater tonight, he may as well be really bad. And it wasn't like he could ever do this when he was at home; his father would be too tempted...if he could get any before Finn finished them all off...
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:09 pm

"Just wait till you try Kurt's cookies." Reed said to Shane as he made his way over to the phone, "They're to die for, and I don't exaggerate. Ethan and Evan nearly took someones eye out to get their share the last time he made them." He shook his head and laughed lightly at the memory and then picked the phone up to order the pizza.

"Well-the pizza's ordered. So now we just have to decide on a movie." he glanced at the others for ideas. "Just no horror films...please" he added with an embarrassed smile. They all knew that Reed and horror didn't mix well.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:26 pm

"I pretty much like all movies," Shane said, though it wasn't entirely true - he really really hated the stupid romances with no plot. He was fairly certain that Blaine, Kurt, and Reed would NOT choose a stupid romance with no plot. "Whatever you guys want is fine with me. I sort of chose the food, so..." He laughed shortly, but didn't want to seem like one of those people who laughs way too hard at their own jokes.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Blaine's eyes lit up as Kurt mentioned making his cookies, though he tried to hide it. He always shook his head at how the other Dalton boys got so worked up over Kurt's cookies, but...he had to admit, they really were delicious and out of this world. Better than anything he could make in the kitchen.

"Well, if the movie decision was up to me we'd be watching Disney films all night," Blaine quipped with a grin, no longer ashamed of his secret obsession with everything relating to Disney.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Kurt loved the way Blaine was completely unabashed about his love of Disney movies. Not that he himself didn't have a big soft spot for them as well, but he tended to keep that little fact close to his chest. "And if it were up to me, it'd be a night of musicals...animated or otherwise," he added, knowing that his choice easily overlapped with Blaine's. "Or...something funny and sweet like...The Princess Bride," he suggested. "But I'm up for anything except horror. So you guys decide. Now, if you point me toward the kitchen I can...work my magic," he offered, then couldn't resist humming a few bars of 'When You Wish Upon a Star".
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Reed motioned for Kurt to follow him down a narrow hallway leading to the northern wing of the house. After a few turns they reached a large open kitchen with modern stainless steal appliances and chic mahogany woodwork. "Well, this is my kitchen." Reed shrugged. "That's the oven over there." He motioned to a large appliance next to a wide bay window. "There's everything you'd probably need in the fridge." He walked Kurt over to the double door refrigerator in the corner.

He smiled, "Do I get to watch the magic happen or is it a secret recipe?" he laughed. He never got to learn the secret to Kurt's magic cookies at Dalton, and he was more than a little interested. Maybe he could learn a thing or two.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Shane turned to Blaine as Reed led Kurt toward the kitchen.
"I'm definitely feeling in the mood for some Disney tonight," he said, wanting to please his brother. But also, he really did like Disney - just not as much as Blaine did. "I'm sure Reed would be fine with whatever you pick. Shall we see what he has?"
Completely blind in Reed's house and not wanting to knock anything over, Shane carefully walked through the doorway to the living room. There was a shelf of DVDs, hundreds of them.
"He's gotta have some Disney here," Shane said, crossing to the shelf and sifting through the collection.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 pm

"Every household requires at least...ten Disney movies," Blaine stated, nodding seriously before smiling as he looked through the movie options. "They have Aladdin!" he exclaimed, grinning excitedly as he carefully removed the movie from the shelf. "Everyone loves Aladdin," he informed his brother, smiling happily as he held the movie in his hands.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Kurt couldn't help but be fascinated with Reed's house. He knew, of course, that the Van Kamp home would be nothing less than spectacular, but his imagination had not given the home justice. He was actually a little bit intimidated. Somewhere in the back of his head he was almost afraid that he'd mess it up and that somehow some home magazine papparazzi would pop up to take photographs the moment he spilled a little bit of flour on the counter.

"Well...a true magician never reveals his tricks," Kurt teased. "But if you..." He was about to suggest Reed crack a couple eggs into a bowl but thought better of it as he imagined somehow one of those eggs ending up inadvertantly ending up in his hair. Then he was going to ask Reed to measure out some flour, but the photographers would have much more than a little flour spill once Reed was involved. "If you help me find everything. A kitchen this size should come with a map!"

He began rummaging through the fridge for eggs, butter and cream cheese (part of his secret weapon), while he asked Reed to procure the dry ingredients. "So how are things going with Shane?" he asked coyly. He was thrilled that his best friend had seemingly found someone who made him as happy as Blaine made Kurt. That the someone just happened to be Blaine's brother made things even better.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Reed made his way across this room with a sack of flower. He walked carefully, afraid of dropping the flower all over the floor.

So how are things going with Shane?

Reed flushed at the mention of Shane and tripped over his own feet. Regaining his balance, he sat the flower back onto the counter carefully, letting out a sigh of relief. Reed knew Kurt would want to know all of the details of his and Shane's relationship. It had been hard to refrain from venting to Kurt about Shane, when Blaine didn't want Kurt to know about him just yet. "Shane's great." Reed smiled dreamily, "I'm really happy. For a while, I wasn't sure what to make of him. He was so forward, and I'm so...not." he laughed "...but now..." he let himself drift off, searching for a way to describe how he felt. It was hard to describe his relationship with Shane. They were so different, and yet it worked somehow. Reed was still trying to work that part out.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:18 pm

[SORRY this took so long! I went on vacation for a few days, but now I'm back!]
"I disagree, I definitely feel like legit 'street rats,'" he made quotations with his fingers, "wouldn't like Aladdin because it's kind of unrealistic. Seriously? The guy goes on this crazy adventure and ends up marrying a princess? Are we supposed to believe this stuff?"
Shane was just kidding - everybody really did love Aladdin. But it was so easy and so fun to get under Blaine's skin that he couldn't help it.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:56 pm

[It's all good! Welcome back! Very Happy ]

Blaine’s smile faded and he looked over at his brother with a serious expression on his face. “It’s cute and romantic,” he retorted, lightly tapping his brother on top of the head with the movie. “Whether you believe it or not.” He glanced down at the movie box, and smiled as he saw Aladdin and Jasmine on the magic carpet. “And you know what else? This movie has a lot of good themes in it if you’re paying attention. Aladdin made all those wishes, but Jasmine never really loved him until she found out who he really was, so it just goes to show you that you should be true to yourself and all that jazz.”

Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:58 pm

"Shane's great." Reed smiled dreamily, "I'm really happy. For a while, I wasn't sure what to make of him. He was so forward, and I'm so...not." he laughed "...but now..."

Kurt squeed just a little bit at the way Reed seemed to drift off into his own little world at the mention of Shane. He completely understood that feeling; he had the tendancy to do the same thing when thinking about Blaine. He was slightly worried about Shane being 'forward', but then realized that if Shane weren't, he and Reed probably would have danced around each other for the next several months--if not years. Sometimes it pays off to have at least one not-too-shy-to-say-something person in a pair. He blushed a little bit thinking about how long he and Blaine had gone without either of them saying anything to the other. Not that the flirting hadn't been fun, of course, but...they could've gotten together so much sooner!

"Just so long as he's not too...forward," Kurt couldn't help but casually express his concern, though since Shane was Blaine's brother, he was far more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt than he would've otherwise. "How perfect is it that we're dating brothers...is it too early to start planning on living next door to each other and having weekly barbeques?" he quipped.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Reed flushed at Kurt's concern. Sometimes he worried about Shane's forwardness too, but he had been nothing but a perfect gentlemen to Reed so far, so he decided not to think about it. The physical prospect of their relationship was still something Reed was getting used to. "No-Shane's been very-erm- understanding." He blushed deeper as he set the vegetable oil on the counter. Shane had been very understanding of Reed's concerns and initial confusion over his sexuality. He was always making sure Reed was comfortable.

"How perfect is it that we're dating brothers...is it too early to start planning on living next door to each other and having weekly barbeques?" he quipped."

"Yes!" He cried and then turned his head down, embarrassed, "I mean-I'm still getting used to everything. I don't-I don't want to rush anything." he gave Kurt a small sheepish smile. "Oh Kurt. I'm just glad you're here to talk about everything with. I honestly don't know how I'd survive otherwise." he laughed and then turned his attention back to the cookie recipe to make sure he had all the ingredients that Kurt needed.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:42 pm

"Well," Shane took the DVD from Blaine's hands, "if you look really carefully when Jasmine and Aladdin kiss, you can definitely tell that there's some tongue action going on. His cheek goes like this." He demonstrated with his own mouth, making his cheek go in slightly by moving his tongue around.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Blaine's jaw dropped, and he playfully rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Pervert. Stop trying to ruin the innocent movies of my childhood," he scolded jokingly. He tilted his head to the side and folded his arms across his chest. "So, how are things going with Reed?" he asked curiously, changing the subject as he smiled at his brother. "You two seem really happy together."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Kurt giggled at the way Reed had so quickly agreed about their futures. He knew the feeling; he knew that they were all so young and that it was far too soon to be thinking that far ahead, and yet...he couldn't help but feel that he would never feel the way he felt about Blaine about anyone else. And he totally loved the idea of having Reed so close. While he was dreaming, he should make sure that Rachel and Finn had the house next door on the other side. Perhaps Santana and Brittany could live across the street. And the street just wouldn't be complete without Mercedes. Okay, so the dream was pretty unrealistic but it was a really great dream...

Kurt quickly began measuring out the dry ingredients while he mixed the butter, cream cheese and eggs. "I don't even want to imagine what kind of basket case I would be by now without you to keep me sane these past few months," Kurt returned Reed's compliment.

[Just to let you guys know, I'm probably going to remain scarce for at least a few more days (damn being so sick!!), so if you guys want to "skip" me a round or two go for it. Smile]
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Reed laughed. He remembered when Kurt first came to Dalton. He had some trouble fitting in with the group, with his diva personality, but he ended up becoming a part of all of them. "Well us fashion-lovers have got to stick together with those uniforms." He made a face. If there was one thing he couldn't stand about Dalton it was the uniforms.

"Kurt, are you okay here for a little while? I should probably make sure those two are alright in there." he waited for Kurt to give him the okay and he left down the hall back to the living room.

(ooc: I figure since Kurt can't be on as much Reed can just go in the living room with Blaine and Shane. When Kurt can post again, he can just come into the living room with the rest of us, assuming he put the cookies in the oven. If that's fine with everyone.)
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 pm

"Speak of the devil," Shane said, turning when Reed walked into the room. He sidled up to Reed and stuck his arm around his boyfriend's waist. "So do YOU want to know something about Aladdin?" he asked, looking at Reed and smiling.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:40 pm

"Reed, if you know what's good for you, you'll say no," Blaine warned with a sly grin as he folded his arms across his chest. He watched Shane's arm move around Reed's waist, and smiled faintly to himself at how happy Reed made his brother, despite everything the Anderson brothers had been through growing up.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Reed smiled softly at Shane's touch and then flushed as he remembered Blaine's presence. "Umm Aladdin?" he asked laughing. What had been going on while he was gone?
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 pm

"Yes." Shane nodded solemnly, ignoring his brother. Then he cracked a grin. "Okay, so you know when Aladdin and Jasmine are making out on the balcony? Well, if you watch really really closely, you can definitely tell that Aladdin uses some tongue. It looks like this." Again he demonstrated, pointing helpfully to his cheek.

[ooc: No, but guys, I am DEAD SERIOUS. WATCH THIS AND YOU WILL SEE]
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next