New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auditorium

+5
Brittany S. Pierce
Delilah Mae
Rachel Hudson
Finn_Hudson
Head Admin
9 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Auditorium  - Page 3 Empty Re: Auditorium

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:47 pm

"Um... Whitney hi..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:10 pm

"Finn!" Rachel said beaming. She stood to give him a hug and gave him a quick kiss, not noticing the defensive tone he had taken. Keeping an arm around him, she smiled and said, "Finn this is Whitney. He's new and asked me to help him prepare an audition piece for Glee!"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Whitney nervously backs off. That quarterback looks pretty strong. And scary.

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Finn smiled down at her, his arms still around her protectively. What the hell kind of dude was named Whitney anyway? Still, he had to try to be nice. "Nice to meet you dude." he said, holding out his hand to shake with the new guy. "I'm Finn. Rachel's husband." He emphasized the last word, making it clear to the guy that Rachel was one hundred percent off limits.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Rachel smiled at the word "husband" because the fact that they were married was still kinda of amazing to think about, and she adored any mention of a reminder. However, she did catch onto his tone and her smile fell ever so slightly. There was nothing to be worried about. They were married, for goodness sake. Besides, there was no proof Whitney was even interested, and it wasn't like she couldn't deal with unwanted suitors on her own. Rachel shot Finn a quick warning glance before the smile returned to her face, trying not to scare the potential new member off.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:50 pm

"Okay. By the way, I can tell your jealous, but you honestly have nothing to worry about." Whitney replies. "I um... have a lot of a homework. I should probably go..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Finn sighed. He didn't want to freak the new guy out too bad- especially if he was considering joining Glee. They needed as many people as possible if they were going to win this year. "No, man, I'm sorry for flipping out." he told Whitney. "Don't go, Rachel's an amazing teacher and we'd love to have you in Glee. I'll just... sit in the audience and hang out." he glanced down at Rachel and kissed her forehead. "Take your time." He told them before making his way off the stage and sitting in the first row of chairs. Setting his backpack in the chair beside him he pulled out his history book and started working on his homework.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Rachel frowned. It seemed Finn still wasn't too pleased about the situation. She knew she had cheated before, but she had grown up since then and she had thought they moved past that since they were together forever now. She glared slightly at him as he moved to the auditorium seats. Her expression softened, however, when he pulled out homework of all things. Maybe she was still slightly annoyed, but she was also proud he was being responsible about his schoolwork without her having to nag him. Rachel turned back to the piano and hit the note again. "Want to try again?" she asked Whitney encouragingly.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm

"Um... sure. By the way if he hits me, I will sue for assault." Whitney stated.
"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind...." Whitney started.
"...Even brighter the moon moon moon!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Finn glanced up. "I'm not gonna hit you!" he told the new guy before he started singing. And he wouldnt... unless he messed with Rachel or anyone else in Glee. He shrugged and went back to his homework. Martin Lurther King had been a president, right? That sounded right.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:20 pm

"Martin Luther King was a peace leader, not a president." Whitney said, peeking over his shoulder when he finished. "He led a rally against racial discrimination. Seriously Finn? I'm pretty sure Pre-School teaches that."

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Finn glanced up and frowned at the new kid. He knew he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box, but did Whitney have to insult him so quickly? Still, he tried to keep his temper down. "Thanks." he said through gritted teeth. "I'll fix that later. Rachel usually helps me with my homework after dinner, so I'm sure she can help me fix it."

Last edited by Finn_Hudson on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Rachel listened carefully as Whitney sang, and was just about to comment when he left the stage to creep over Finn's shoulder. Why the nerve of him! No one asked for Rachel Hudson's help, and then blew her off! It was entirely unacceptable. She was just about to interject when he proceeded to call Finn out on his homework errors. The nerve! Here she cut in with, "Excuse me, but that was extremely out of line. I demand that you take that back and apologise immediately. Furthermore, you are not here to discuss United States presidents or civil rights leaders. You are here to receive help with your glee club audition piece, and I will not have my time wasted if you refuse to focus on the task at hand. Please return to the stage so we can get back to work, or leave," she said irritably, arms folded across her chest.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:15 am

OOC:sorry, I couldn't resist showing off my brains

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:22 pm

"I'm only two steps down! And um... sorry. Finn." Whitney rambles. Whitney walks back up the two steps and asks: "So, am I doing better? By the way, gret piano work

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Finn shrugged a little. He still wasn't a big fan of this guy but whatever. The sooner they got this lesson over with the sooner he could take Rachel home, so he was doing whatever it took to speed things up. "No big deal." he said easily, finishing up his history homework and starting on his math.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Rachel huffed in exasperation and nodded absentmindedly. "Yes, your pitch is improving, but it still needs a lot of work." She smiled a bit at the compliment. "Thank you. I have been playing since the tender age of two." She sat on the piano bench and plucked at the starting note again. "From the top, and remember to keep your 'i' vowels closed."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:16 pm

"Right, got it." What he didn't say was how he was forced to do everyones homework at the orphanage, and it sorta was a force of habit. But that was all behind him now. He just needed to focus on improving his pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:06 pm

ooc; All Finn is doing is working on his homework, so you can skip me for now. I'll reply when necessary. Wink
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 pm

[Timeline Note: This is when Burt and Kurt come in to talk to Karofsky in Ms. Pillsbury's office. Assuming that meeting is actually going to take place. If it doesn't, erm...well...it's around that same time anyway Wink]

"I...I just need a minute," Kurt told his dad, giving him a pleading look. He was more than a little bit freaked out about being back on campus; especially considering that he was about to face off with Karofsky again. Assuming that Karofsky and his dad actually showed up. He was kind of hoping that they wouldn't.

He needed to calm down, but he couldn't. He was upset about the attack, getting pulled out of school, and now this meeting...he needed a few minutes to himself. He needed...to work out his aggression the best way he knew how.

Breaking away from his father with a parting, "I'll be back in just a minute," he rushed the empty hallway and headed straight for the auditorium. His sanctuary at McKinley. He'd missed it so!

He quickly made his way onto the stage, his mind already playing the accompaniment to the song he intended to sing.

He started out quietly.

Everything’s an act,
When you’re pleasing everyone.
And he assumes that role
To such renown.
He plays a perfect part,
Straight from his heart
Knowing the risk he takes
And hoping that the house
Is not brought down.

As he sang, his voice began getting stronger and he ignored the pain in his throat.

The role of a lifetime is living a fantasy.
The trauma that you struggle to erase.
Thoughts battle words over deeds
A war with such casualties.
All played out behind a smiling face.

Though the song didn't really reflect his views or his current state of mind, he loved the song and the emotional battle the character was going through provided just the right amount of aggression and angst that he so needed to work out, so he belted on.

God I need your guidance
Tell me what it means
To live a life where nothings as it seems.
Spending days in silent fear,
And spending nights in lonely prayer.
Hoping that one day when you wake,
Those feelings won’t be there.

So confused because I feel complete with him
When we're alone it all somehow makes sense.
Look into his eyes for some compromise
Remember the word, forget
And try to bury something so intense.

You learn to play the straight man,
Your lines become routine.
Never really saying what you mean.
But I know the scene will change,
White picket fences, and a dog,
A trophy bride and children
God I know that’s what he wants.

Reaching the height of the song, Kurt poured all his emotions into the piece, his voice as powerful as he could make it.

But then what role do I play,
Am I a savior or a phase?
Am I here to damn you?
Or to help you navigate this maze?
Where confusion is a crime,
So you fill your life with sound,
And if you dance like hell,
You hope you never touch the ground.
What happens when the music stops?
In the silence will he stay one day,
One day you'll realize that these feelings aren't going away

And finally as the ending neared, he grew softer again, feeling far more centered and focused than he had when he'd come in. the song had served its purpose. He was still dreading the meeting, of course, but at least now...now he felt ready to face it. As soon as he finished the song.

He closed his eyes.

So we drive ourselves insane,
Spinning circles in our souls,
As we dance around and play pretend.
Then once again,
Reprise our roles.

He stood in the center of the stage, eyes closed, listening to the sound of his last note echoing.

(For those who are interested, the song is Role of a Lifetime from Bare: A Pop Opera

Last edited by Kurt Hummel on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Hummel Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Alex walked down the hallway. She was really nervous about her first day of McKinnley. She heard a beautiful choral voice echoing in the auditorium. Amazed she stood at the door and looked in. When he finished, Alex clapped happily.
Alex Hummel
Alex Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Kurt's eyes flew open as he heard someone clapping. He'd thought he was completely alone!

He peered out into the audience, seeking the source of the clapping. From the brightly lit stage, it was really hard to see more than a shape in the dark theater. He was relieved to note that the shape was much smaller than Karofsky, so...he relaxed considerably. "Thank you," he called out to the person. "Who's there? Rachel? Is that you?"
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Hummel Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 pm

"Oh Kurt, now what does that tell me that you don't recognise your own cousin?" Alex smiled as she came into the light.
Alex Hummel
Alex Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Kurt's eyes widened as he recognized the voice immediately. Still he didn't quite believe it until he saw her stepping into the light. His jaw dropped open and for a few moments he was rendered speechless, but then he was bounding down the steps. "Alex! What are you doing here?!" he asked, only slightly conscious of the fact that his voice raised about half an octive with excitement.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Hummel Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Alex's smile widened as she ran down to hug him.
"I got transfered, I'm here to stay....Oh I've missed you so much!"
Alex Hummel
Alex Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next