New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finchel's Trip

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Finchel's Trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Finchel's Trip

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Rachel shrugged off her light jacket and shoes as she entered their hotel room and shut the door behind her. She looked up from the coat hook to see Finn flipping on the TV. Well, that was certainly unexpected. She had been under the impression that he was ready to head straight to the bed as soon as they walked through the door. Rachel walked over to the couch and kneeling, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled his face to hers for a heated kiss. "Wasn't there something else you had wanted to do?" she murmered, taking his bottom lip between her teeth and biting gently.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:55 pm

As soon as Rachel's mouth was on his, the television was long gone from Finn's train of thought. Pulling her into his arms and cupping her face in his hands he let out a groan as their tongues began to dance. He had figured she'd get upset if he'd stripped and jumped in bed the minute they walked in the door, so he let her make the first move. Apparently he wasn't the only one excited to begin the second half of their evening. "My bad." he mumbled. "I just want to make sure.... never mind." he leaned in and ran kisses along her jaw and all over her face. He planned to kiss every single part of her before the night was through.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:54 pm

[Continued from here]

Rachel closed her eyes as she felt Finn's touch on her waist and shoulders. "Well in that case," she replied, reaching for the edge of the couch where their clothes from earlier in the evening. "These will do, don't you think?" she asked, holding them up for approval. When he nodded, she slipped her dress back onto her body and slid on her shoes.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Seeing Rachel dressed and ready to go, Finn smiled and grabbed his wallet, keys, and the page from the phonebook before taking her hand and grinning. "Let's go get married." he said, leading her out to the car. He was shaking with a mixture of nerves and excitement as he drove to the address on the paper.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:08 am

Rachel grinned as they left the hotel for the car. She kept as close to him as possible while they walked. She was a bundle of nervous excitement. Rachel could hardly believe that less than a half an hour ago he had proposed and now they were making their way to the chapel. And although she was admittedly scared of what awaited them in Lima, she had to have been the happiest girl in the world right then.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm

The short drive was spent in silence, both of them anxiously sending smiles at the other every so often. There were nearly no cars in the lot when Finn parked and lead the way inside. He smiled slightly at the woman behind the counter. "Um, we'd like to get married." he announced obviously.

The woman eyed him carefully for a minute before handing over a clipboard full of papers. "Fill these out. I'll need to see both of your driver's licenses." she said gruffly. "The wait is about fifteen minutes. Any specific religion or are we doing a justice of the peace?"

[ooc; so, since I looked it up and the official law of Ohio says you have to be 18 to be married without parental consent, we're just gonna ignore that fact and change it to 16 Smile]
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:23 pm

[Haha I figured as much. Thankfully this is RP!]

As they pulled into the lot, Rachel tore her eyes from Finn's face to gaze at the chapel. They were there. They were really doing this, really going through with it. She sat frozen for a moment, taking in the fact that she was really about to be married, before realising she was supposed to be getting out. She got out of the car, shut the door firmly, stepped to Finn's side, and together they walked into the imposing building.

Rachel followed Finn to the counter, completely silent for once, seeing as she was totally intimidated by the place. She stood nervously by his side as he spoke with the older woman at the desk, and flushed under the scrutinizing gaze. Rachel breathed a sigh of relief as the woman handed them the paperwork, and fumbled for her driver's license. She bit her lip when asked asked about a religious ceremony. She had always wanted a traditional Jewish wedding, but that would be quite difficult considering the circumstances. She raised her eyebrows at Finn, silently asking him what he thought.

Last edited by Rachel Hudson on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Finn had never been an active religious person. Sure, he went every now and then when his mom decided they needed to go, but other than his brief stint of devotion at the beginning of the year religion hadn't really played a huge part in his life. He filled out the easy stuff on the form first: names, birthdays, etc etc. He glanced up at Rachel and shrugged. "Whatever you want is cool with me." he told her. "Jews believe in Jesus right? As long as J-Man's included then I'm good." he said honestly. He figured Jesus didn't really care what religion you were as long as you believed in him, right?
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Rachel shook her head. "Not Jesus. We believe that God is one being." She watched in thoughtful silence as he continued filling out the forms. "We could just get a justice of the peace for now," she suggested finally. "And figure out the religious aspect later. There's time for a real ceremony in the future, right?" Rachel's leg bounced anxiously, and then a thought struck her suddenly. "Finn. We don't have rings or anything."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Finn nodded. She was right, a justice of the peace would work for now. "Okay, yeah. That sounds good. We'll have a big wedding later. You can pick everything out and it'll be perfect. I promise." His face fell when he heard about the rings. How could they have forgotten something like that? As if by magic, the older woman from behind the counter spoke up.

"We can supply 'em." she said, taking the forms and their licenses from them to copy and file. "Sterling silver, but it'll be an extra forty bucks. Marriage license is forty five, and we got a special goin' right now: buy the rings and the papers and the ceramony is fifteen dollars."

Finn quickly did the math in his head. That equaled $95 and he had a credit card he was allowed to use for emergencies. This sort of counted, right? The deal sounded pretty good to him. He glanced over at Rachel to see what she thought.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 pm

"If you can afford it," Rachel said. "I don't have much money on me, but if you have it, go for it, I say." She clutched Finn's hand as the lady took the papers from him and waited expectently for some form of payment. She mentally slapped herself for not bringing any sort of emergency cash with her on the trip. She just hoped Finn had been smarter than her in that sense.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Finn nodded. What better use for money, right? It wasn't like he was wasting it or anything. His mom might get mad, but she was probably going to be pretty mad anyway, so why not? He passed the credit card over to the woman and a few minutes later she returned their licenses, the credit card, and the marriage license.

"Now you both sign here and here," she said, pointing to various spots on the paper, "And I'll file it while you go do your thing in the chapel, and then you can be on your way. The Justice will have the rings to give to you." she slid the papers to Rachel with a wiry smile. "Ladies first."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Rachel smiled tentatively up and the woman and took her license back, and then took the pen and paper. She signed her name on the line with a trembling hand. When her signature had been written neatly on the paper she passed the clipboard to Finn, and quietly observed how weird her name looked without the customary gold star sticker she always placed after it.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Finn noticed the lack of star as well, so before signing his name he drew a pathetic looking star next to Rachel's name and smiled at her. She'd always be a star in his eyes. Then he signed his own name and returned the papers to the woman.

"Alright. First door on your left. Justice will be there in a minute." she said simply before moving back to her desk. "Congrats."

Finn glanced over at Rachel and grabbed her hand, slowly walking into the empty chapel. It was extremely plain and basic, but he figured that was all they needed really. As they stood their in silence, he couldn't help but start humming to himself.

When they say that the road ain't
No place to start a family,
Right down the line
It's been you and me...
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Rachel looked pleased at the star Finn drew behind her name. It was a sweet gesture that only he would think of, and it strengthened her resolve as they stepped into the chapel. She intertwined their fingers as he grabbed her hand, keeping them firmly locked together. A wide smile broke out across her face as Finn's voice reached her ears. She reveled in the sound of his voice washing over her, marveling at how amazing he was. When she began to make sense of the lyrics, her grin widened as she recognized the song they had sang together immediately after he first told her he loved her. Rachel allowed herself to be whisked back to that night and wondered how the two nights would compare. She had a feeling that tonight's would dominate everything she had ever felt. It was so appropriate, so fitting to be singing that that Rachel couldn't help but add her voice to his.

And lovin' a music man ain't always what it's s'posed to be
Oh boy, ya stand by me
I'm forever yours...
Faithfully
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Finn smiled at her as they sang quietly to themselves. After this he really would be hers forever. It was kind of awesome to think about. The Justice of the Peace came in not long after, smiling warmly at them both before standing behind them on the raised alter.

"Hi there folks. I'm Henry and I'll be officiating your ceremony." he said kindly, glancing down at the papers in his hands. "You're Finn and Rachel, correct?" Upon receiving confirmation he nodded. "Alright. Well, I guess we'll get started. We're gathered today to unite you two in matrimony. It's a beautiful thing, marriage, but it comes with a lot of responsibilities and struggles. However if you both remember the love that you have for each other, I have no doubts that you can conquer all the challenges your new life together will bring." he turned to Rachel. "Rachel, repeat after me. I take you, Finn, to be my husband, lover and best friend and these things I promise to you: I will be faithful to you and honest with you, I will respect, trust, help and care for you, I will share my life with you, I will share with you everything that is to come throughout the rest of our lives together. This I vow today."

[ooc; I am half making this up, half copying from random things I'm finding online. So if it sucks I'm sorry!]

Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Rachel smiled in contentment as their voices fused together. She jumped slightly when she heard the Justice enter the room. Her mind was reeling as he began to speak, and she didn't quite hear his words until she realised she was supposed to repeat him. "I take you, Finn, to be my husband, lover and best friend and these things I promise to you: I will be faithful to you and honest with you, I will respect, trust, help and care for you, I will share my life with you, I will share with you everything that is to come throughout the rest of our lives together. This I vow today." Her voice shook as she said the words in a desperate attempt to hold back the tears that were welling in her eyes.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Finn chuckled, his nerves beginning to morph into excitment and unhindered bliss. When the Justice turned to him, he repeated the words, staring at Rachel with all the love in the world in his eyes and gripping her hands tightly. "I take you Rachel to be my wife. I give to you my friendship and my heart. Everyday, I offer a hand to hold, a friend to laugh with and arms to embrace you. For, wherever life takes me, I want you by my side. In you, my heart has found a home."

The Justice smiled and produced two simple silver bands, handing one to each of them. He gestured for Finn to slide his ring onto her finger, speaking to him as he did so. "Finn, do you take Rachel to be your wedded wife?"

Finn took a deep breath and smiled at the tiny girl before him. He knew in his heart, despite the hard roads that were to come, that this was right. "I do."

The Justice then turned to Rachel. "Rachel, do you take Finn to be your wedded husband?"
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Rachel took a deep shuddering breath as she heard Finn say his vows and speak "I do." Two simple words, but they had the power to make a single tear escape from her eye. Instead of wiping it off her face, Rachel let it trail down her cheek. "I do," she whispered, voice cracking as she slipped the simple band onto his finger. She looked up at Finn, whole face alight with happiness.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 pm

"Then by the power invested in me, by the state of Ohio, I now pronounce you husband and wife." The justice grinned at them and stepped back. "You can kiss your bride." he told Finn.

Finn wiped the tear trailing down Rachel's cheek and let out a loud laugh before scooping her up in his arms and kissing her with the utmost love and happiness in the world. She was all his and he was pumped.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Rachel laughed exuberantly as she was swept off her feet. She kissed him back with the most love and passion she had ever put into a kiss before, not caring that the Justice was still there. They had done it. They had gotten married. She could hardly believe it. Her head was swimming, and the fact that she could barely breathe for kissing him so hard didn't help. Eventually she resigned to the fact that she needed air, and as she resurfaced, she stared into the eyes that she had come to know so well. "I love you," she breathed.

Last edited by Rachel Berry on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Finn grinned back at her, panting slightly but refusing to let her down out of his arms. He was married now. Sixteen years old and married to the love of his life. "I love you too." he said, wondering if she could feel just how hard his heart was pounding. "Mrs. Rachel Hudson." he knew they had agreed on Berry-Hudson earlier, but for right now he was focusing on the fact that she was officially his family now, so he figured it would be okay to drop the Berry just for the next few hours.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Rachel kissed Finn again as a thrill ran through her. Mrs. Rachel Hudson. She was Mrs. Rachel Hudson now. And when she heard it and it was actually true, she found she didn't want to be Berry-Hudson anymore. Maybe Berry for her stage name, but everywhere else she wanted to be Mrs. Hudson. She leaned her forehead against his. "So what now? Now that we're married?" she asked. Now that we're married, she thought. It was strange to being saying those words, but no matter the consequences, Rachel was ecstatic to be able to say it.

Last edited by Rachel Hudson on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:56 pm

"Well," Finn paused and thought about it, a ridiculous grin permanently attached to his face. "I think we should celebrate. However we want. Tell me, Mrs. Hudson, what would you like to do to celebrate now that we're married?" He sounded like an idiot, he knew, a sappy love-drunk idiot. And he didn't care one bit.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum