New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lima General Hospital

+3
Finn_Hudson
Blaine Anderson
Rachel Hudson
7 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lima General Hospital - Page 5 Empty Re: Lima General Hospital

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Finn frowned. Did she want any of her stuff? He figured she'd give him a long list of things to send to Kurt. That's when it hit him- she kept all of her important stuff with her in her purse, which had been in the car with her. Crap. Luckily, an idea came to him light a bolt of lightening striking a very tall tower. So he nodded and pressed a kiss to her temple, pulling out his phone and texting Kurt. "You should eat." He told Rachel. "You need to keep up your strength."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Rachel stared at the food. She didn't really want anything to eat considering she felt really nauseous at the thought of losing her music. That iPod had had everything, from every Broadway song ever preformed to every song she had ever sung with Glee, and so many others. So instead she just watched as Finn texted Kurt. "What did you say? Are they coming over?" she asked.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

http://thecoolestgirliknow.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Finn smiled gently at her. "Give him a few minutes to reply." he said taking her hand. "Come on baby, please eat. I know you lost a bunch of your stuff in the crash but we're going to get you new stuff. In fact, why don't you make a list of everything you need to get and we can have Kurt and Blaine or someone go and get it? It's all gonna be okay."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 pm

"I don't want Kurt or Blaine paying for anything for me," Rachel said stubbornly. "Or anyone really, for that matter." That was one of those things to her that was so personal she just wanted the satisfaction of knowing she got something she really wanted all by herself. She sighed, looking at the food again, and said, "I do not want to eat. I feel rather ill and my chest hurts and I do not think I can stomach any substance at this point."
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:20 pm

"Well then you can pay them back later." Finn said easily. He honestly hoped she would forget about it, but he knew she wouldn't so maybe this would at least keep her somewhat at peace for now. "Okay, you don't have to eat." he told her kissing her head. "What do you need Rach? You want me to crawl in bed with you again? Or get a doctor or something? Just name it and I'll get it done."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Rachel tried smiling at Finn but the pain in her chest had worsened. It feel like something heavy was resting on her chest. Even with the extra oxygen Rachel was having difficulty breathing, and she could tell by the machine taking her pulse that her pulse had increased. Trying not to panic, Rachel looked up and Finn and managed to get out, "Actually...could you...get that doctor for me...please?"
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Finn's eyes widened in panic. He could tell something was wrong, and by her short breaths he guessed it involved her lungs. Without another word he ran out of the hospital room and down the hallway until he reached the nurses station. "I need a doctor right now." he said to the group of them urgently. "My wife can't breath. Her name is Rachel Hudson. She was in a car crash yesterday and her lung collapsed, and now she's having trouble breathing. So I need a doctor now, please." He rushed back to the room, praying that a doctor or nurse or somebody would follow him.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:03 pm

A couple of doctors hurried down the hallway after Finn to Rachel's room. They asked her a couple questions, which she answered as best she could, before one of them wheeled Rachel's bed down the hall and into a surgery room. The other doctor turned to Finn, and smiling kindly said, "Ms Ber-er, Mrs. Hudson," he corrected himself as Rachel had done for him numerous times. "Her pneumothorax is slightly more severe than we thought. She will be fine, but we need to preform a small surgical procedure that will allow us to insert a chest tube between her ribs. It will relieve the pressure and allow her lungs to expand."

Last edited by Rachel Hudson on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:11 pm

[Picked up from here.]

Kurt giggled at Blaine's 'difficult' decision. He kissed Blaine's cheek. "We just need to make a couple stops on the way..."

It was quite possibly the fastest trip to the Lima Mall that Kurt had ever been part of (and most likely the fastest than he'd ever be a part of in the future). Though several of the stores called to him--including one that had the most amazing outfit right there in the front window--they were on a mission, and needed to get things gathered before visiting hours were over. Oh the sacrifices he was willing to make for a friend...

After gathering the catalog, the pink sparkly ipod skin, and the spirometer, they headed back to the hospital.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Finn watched in panic as the doctors moved quickly around Rachel. Before he knew what was happening she was rolling out of the room. "Hey, no, wait! I need to go with her!" he called urgently. "She's really scared of doctors! I have to stay with her!"
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Kurt nearly dropped the bags as he heard Finn calling out and moments later saw Rachel being wheeled out of the room. He glanced wide-eyed at Blaine before quickening his pace and rushing to catch up.

"Finn!" he called out as he approached. "What's going on?"
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:46 pm

"I don't know, dude!" Finn said frantically. "One minute she's fine and then she can't breathe and the doctor says he's taking her to surgery for her numero-thaxy whatever!"
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:49 pm

"Pneumothorax," Kurt corrected automatically, then paled as he realized what Finn was saying. Oh. God. He stared after Rachel, worrying as he considered the implications. "She'll be fine," he assured both Finn and himself quickly. It would do absolutely no good to panic Finn. "The doctors know what they're doing," he added. He flashed Blaine an apologetic look as he thrust the overnight bags toward his boyfriend and then turned to take Finn's arm and lead him back into Rachel's room, knowing that it was going to be up to him to keep Finn distracted until Rachel was back out of surgery.

"So, did you sing that song you planned out for her?" he asked.as he pressed Finn into one of the chairs and then settled into the one next to him, in it for the long haul.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:58 pm

"I- yeah I did." Finn answered distractedly. "But look, I'll tell you about it later. Kurt, I have to be with her! We were just talking about how much she hates hospitals. She's scared and she needs me to be there!" Truth be told he was scared too, and he needed her just as much.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Blaine watched back and forth as the two brothers talked about Rachel, his stomach dropping as he realized that she wasn't as alright as they had originally thought. He quickly caught the bags as his boyfriend tossed them over to him, and carried them into Rachel's room, gently setting them both down next to an empty chair as he sat down next to Kurt and Finn.

"Finn," he started, his voice soft as he tried to calm down his boyfriend's stepbrother. "Rachel's going to be fine. The doctors are taking care of her. They're probably going to give her anesthesia and she won't even know what's going on until she wakes up...here in her room...where you'll be waiting for her."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Finn calmed down slightly at Blaine's words. "You really think so?" he asked hopefully. "Okay, yeah, you're right." he let out a breath. "Okay. She'll be fine and I'll be here when she wakes up."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Blaine smiled as he watched how much his words had calmed Finn down. "And she'll be very pleased to see you, I'm sure. Now tell us what song you sang to her," he suggested with a smile, hoping to get everyone's mind off of Rachel's surgery.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Kurt smiled gratefully at Blaine, thankful that they were getting Finn to calm down. He completely understood Finn's inclination to go into the OR with Rachel, but that would just be disasterous. He patted Finn's hand. "Yes, tell us all about it..."
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Finn gave a small smile, thinking of earlier when he sang to her. "I sang May Angels Lead You In." he told Blaine and Kurt proudly. "It was pretty awesome. She really liked it."
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:02 am

Blaine smiled, recognizing the song title. "That's a perfect song," he commented quietly. "I bet she did," he added, with a side glance at Kurt as he reached over to take his hand.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Kurt squeezed Blaine's hand. He'd hoped that Finn would elaborate on the scene he'd made for Rachel--to keep him distracted longer--but he knew Finn had far more things on his mind. So it'd be up to Blaine and himself to keep Finn distracted until they got word about Rachel.

Perhaps...he picked up the things he'd picked up for Rachel. It would be Finn's job to help Rachel with her recovery, so it would make sense for him to go over some of the things he'd picked up from his talk with the doctor earlier. And the things he knew from his days at the spa, of course. He pulled out the Vitamin E creame and handed it to Finn. "When she comes back in, I want you to apply some of this to her face and arms and...anywhere that she got cut by the glass. It'll make her feel better and prevent scarring, though whatever you do *don't* tell her that because she'll think that means you won't love her if she's scarred. Just...tell her that I gave it to you and you want to pamper her. She'll love it..."

Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Finn focused with all his power to listen as Kurt's words. He stared straight at his brother with determination and nodded, taking in as much of it as he could. "Okay, that's a good idea." he said, unable to help himself from glancing over at the clock on the wall. "When do you think she'll be out? Like, how long does something like this take? An hour? It's been way longer than that, right?" Time seemed to drag on forever, so she was bound to be back soon, right? He needed to see Rachel now.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Blaine smiled softly as Kurt squeezed his hand, and leaned over to rest his chin on Kurt's shoulder as he listened to him explain the cream and scarring and all that jazz to Finn. "I wish I knew," he sighed in reply to Finn's question. "But the doctor's know you want to be with her, so I'm sure they'll let us know right away."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Hudson Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm

The doctor strolled into the room hands in pockets with the other doctor pushing Rachel in behind him. She was still out cold from the anesthesia. The doctor turns to the three boys and begins speaking. "Mrs. Hudson is fine. The surgery went without a hitch and she is returning to a stable condition. She's still knocked out from the anesthesia, but she should wake soon." And the doctors left.
Rachel Hudson
Rachel Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn_Hudson Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Finn's head shot up immediately at the sound of footsteps. When the doctor wheeled Rachel back in he let out a small cry of relief and rushed to her side. Taking her tiny hand in his large one he pressed a kiss to her temple and stroked her cheek gently. "It's okay Rach. I'm right here." he murmured softly. "Whenever you wake up I'll be right here." Finn glanced over at Kurt and Blaine with a smile on his face. "She's okay now." he told them, despite the fact that they had obviously just heard what the doctor said.
Finn_Hudson
Finn_Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next