New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warbler Hall

+4
Tweedles- Inactive
Kurt Hummel
Edric Dalton III
Blaine Anderson
8 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Warbler Hall Empty Warbler Hall

Post  Blaine Anderson Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

Last edited by Blaine Anderson on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Warbler Hall Empty Re: Warbler Hall

Post  Edric Dalton III Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Edric Dalton III could not believe that the Dalton Academy Warblers were actually making him AUDITION for a spot in the club. His great grandfather had founded the Warblers, after all. He shouldn't have to audition. But, he supposed that rules were rules. Even though he personally thought that rules were made to be broken, he hadn't even been at the academy for 24 hours yet, so he supposed he should play along. Perhaps they didn't realize that he was indeed one of those Daltons. As soon as they found out, he was certain that it would secure him a spot in the Warbler's High Council. At least it had better. He stood outside the door and waited for the Warblers to call him into the room.
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:41 pm

[Timeline note: This happens some time after returning from Lima (following the Finchel/Klaine double date)]

Kurt had been detained by Professor Granger after class (questioning him about a rather pathetic score on his pop quiz and his apparent distractedness during class) and was now running late to Warbler's rehearsal. He hated arriving late; tardiness was yet another thing that Warblers just didn't do. Kurt still didn't really feel like he belonged with the group...he far preferred a more relaxed environment. Being late meant walking in and having them all give him *that look*. He rushed down the spiral staircase and through the back hall, slowing as he spotted an unfamiliar boy standing outside the rehearsal room.

He'd heard rumor of someone auditioning to join the Warblers. This must be the guy. And he could just stay outside the rehearsal room and slip in when the others called the new guy in; at least he wouldn't have to walk in alone.

"Hi," he greeted shyly as he approached the new Warbler. "I'm Kurt. And you're...auditioning for the Warblers?" he asked the question even though the answer was fairly obvious, trying to break the ice.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Edric raised an eyebrow as he looked Kurt over appraisingly. He was a little on the short side, Edric judged. At least a solid four or five inches shorter than Edric himself. He had a very slight build. And very…pretty features. Somewhat effeminate without being overly so, Edric decided. Kurt looked too young to be attending Dalton Academy, let alone that he should be one of the Warblers. From the sounds of it, his voice hadn’t even changed yet. Perhaps he was someone’s little brother; a mascot perhaps. At least, Edric figured, he didn’t need to worry that this boy would be any competition for him.

Edric extended his hand, expecting a proper handshake even if the boy--Kurt--wasn't anyone he actually needed to impress. “I am Edric Dalton, the Third,” he introduced himself haughtily. “Yes, that Dalton. And yes, I fully expect to be inducted into the Warblers.”
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Kurt had the distinct feeling that the new boy was assessing and judging him and felt a little uncomfortable under the scruitiny, but he did his best not to let his displeasure show. Being new wasn't easy, especially in a place like Dalton where everything was so...structured and there were so many rules and regulations to which one must adhere.

When the boy extended his hand and introduced himself, Kurt decided that he must have passed inspection. He reached out and shook the boy's hand politely. He tried not to let his surprise show as Edric Dalton (the Third!) announced that he was one of THE Daltons. It just figured. Finally he wasn't the new boy anymore, but somehow in light of this new information, he suspected that he would still be the low man on the proverbial totem pole. "I'm sure you will be," he acknowledged Edric's desire to join the Warblers. "What song are you doing for your audition?" he asked curiously.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Edric frowned as he eyed Kurt suspiciously. "Are you auditioning today, as well?"
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:27 pm

It took a moment for Kurt to process Edric's question and to realize why he was once again being looked at as though he were doing something wrong. "Oh! No! No, I'm not auditioning," he quickly assured. "I'm already in Gl...I'm already a Warbler." He smiled. "I just thought I'd maybe get a preview of your audition," he added, smiling and letting out a nervous chuckle to let the other boy know he was joking.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Edric didn't find Kurt all that amusing. Already a Warbler? Did they just let anyone in? He considered for a moment. "I'm saving my voice, but if you must know, I will be singing an arrangement of 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina'."
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Kurt started to grin. He loved that song! Maybe Edric wouldn't be such a bad guy to have around! Except then he remembered. He'd been denied a solo because he was 'trying too hard' with it. He chewed his lip nervously for a moment trying to decide if he should mention that to Edric. That was different; it was a solo. Surely they wouldn't judge an audition the same way. But maybe he should mention it anyway. "I love that song," he told Edric with a smile. "I actually tried out for a solo with it." He bobbed his head in a 'didn't go over so well' gesture.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Edric scowled at Kurt's attempt to throw him off. "Oh. Well, I'm sure you tried your best," he snidely replied. "I doubt they give many solos to Freshmen anyway. You'll have plenty more chances."
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Kurt felt himself flush with embarassment at both the patronizing and the fact that he'd been mistaken for a Freshman. His gaze lowered to the ground and he found himself regretting his decision not to just go into the practice room. He felt worse as he realized that just a few months ago he would have been able to snap right back from that with his quick wit and his nearly unflappable confidence. But now...now he was shaken. What was wrong with him? He needed to get past this. Karofsky wasn't here; he shouldn't let Dave *get* to him like this!

"It wasn't my performance," he replied quietly, though he suddenly had his doubts about that. They said he tried to hard; that was a performance issue. "It's just not...not the Warblers' usual style. I just meant...I wanted to warn you. Or see if you had something else in your back pocket. But I'm sure you'll do fine."
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Edric smirked as he watched the other boy floundering at his failed attempt to sabotage the audition. He'd go in that room and totally blow them all away. That this little kid had actually auditioned with the same song would probably only make him sound better. "I'm sure that I will," he agreed. "I have a powerhouse voice backed with years of excellent training by only the best coaches," he boasted. "Just because you could not carry it off does not mean that I can't," he added unnecessarily, looking down his nose at Kurt.

"How long do they intend to keep me waiting out here?" he grumbled, looking back to the closed door.
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Kurt clenched his jaw at Edric's further dig but kept quiet. The last thing he needed right now was another enemy. He was tired of fighting. And this battle just didn't seem worth his while. It was just a stupid misunderstanding. He really had meant well, it wasn't his fault that the other boy took it the wrong way.

"I'm sure they won't be much longer," he offered as he sat down on the bench outside the door to wait. At least he certainly hoped it wouldn't be.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Edric smiled smugly at the boy's resigned reply.

As he waited with more patience than he normally allotted, he began performing his vocal warm-ups. This was just an audition for a school glee club and he knew he didn't have to go all-out (especially since his name practically guaranteed him a spot) , but he wanted to be sure to go in there and quickly establish his vocal prowess and overall dominance.

Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Blaine opened the door to the auditorium where the new kid would audition, his face lighting up when he saw that Kurt was there as well. He hadn't been expecting that at all, though he was pleasantly surprised. What he had been expecting was the new kid, whose last name could only mean that he was in fact that Dalton. Blaine wasn't on the council but he knew how this would go. Edric would end up singing whatever song, and he would get in. How could anyone not let in one of the Daltons? No one wanted to make a bad impression on someone so important, nor would they want to get on his bad side.

"Edric, right? They're ready for you in here," he said, smiling briefly at the blonde boy as he nodded towards the inside of the auditioning room before turning and smiling more genuinely at his friend. "Hey, Kurt."

Last edited by Blaine Holcomb on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Kurt rose to his feet as the door opened and Blaine invited Edric in to his audition. He couldn't help but notice the way Blaine's face lit up when he smiled...and it made his heart skip a beat when Blaine turned that smile on him. "Hey," he echoed Blaine's greeting. He made a point of bumping Blaine's shoulder just a tiny bit as he slipped into the room, intending to quickly take a place at the back of the room. Impulsively, though, he paused just long enough to very quietly ask Blaine, "Meet me after?"
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Blaine smiled as Kurt walked past him, trying to stay cool as Kurt asked him to meet him out of class. He knew the shoulder bump was no accident and he had no problem at all with the extra physical contact between the two of them. "Sure," he replied, failing at hiding how pleased he was that Kurt had asked him. "See you then," he said quietly, unable to keep from smiling as he waited for Edric to enter the room as well.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Edric couldn't help but notice the little exchange between Kurt and the other boy, who he recognized as the current lead vocalist of the Warblers--his main competition. The way the two were looking at each other spoke volumes about how the little freshman had been allowed into the group, Edric figured. Mascot hadn't been too far off of a guest.

Edric nodded politely at the lead vocalist. "Thank you." He made his way to the front of the room and placed his cd player on the desk. He looked around the room to make sure that everyone was settled before pressing play and waiting for the intro for his song. He'd had to have his father commission an orchestra to re-arrange the music and transpose it to fit his lower register, but he knew the effort would be worth it.

It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
that I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me
All you will see is a boy you once knew
Although he's dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you...

He stood tall, maintaining proper posture as he sang his condensed two-minute version of the song which had been perfectly tailored to fit his vocal range.

[Note: Edric does have a reasonably good voice, but he does not have Kurt's range and does sing as a baritone. He also does change all gender mentions to the masculine...]
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:38 pm

[Since Blaine isn't on the council I'm just going to mention Wes, David, and Thad in this post and their reactions, seeing as we don't actually have those members yet and those are the only council members. Smile ]

Blaine smiled at the new kid before walking in behind Kurt and Edric to sit down in a free spot near the front. He would have liked to sit next to Kurt, but he had agreed to see the other boy after this audition so at least he had that to look forward to. He listened to Edric's performance, occasionally glancing over at the council to watch their reactions. This guy was good (though Blaine personally preferred Kurt's rendition of the song) and he probably would have made it onto the Warblers even if he wasn't a Dalton. But Blaine saw the looks on the council member's faces when they read the last name, and he figured that they knew it'd be risky to turn down someone of such importance. But Edric wasn't a bad singer. Not at all. Which pleased Blaine because although he was sure the audition wouldn't be completely fair, at least the guy deserved a spot on the Warblers. They could use a baritone like him in their group. When the song finished, Blaine and the other members of the Warblers politely applauded Edric before quieting to hear the council's reaction.

"Well done...Impressive work," was Wes' initial reaction as he stood up along with the other council members, David and Thad, all of them smiling after Edric's audition. By now they could read each other's looks and they all knew that Edric would make a fine addition to the Warblers, despite his name though secretly that did have something to do with them easily allowing him a spot. "We'll discuss your audition and you'll probably be hearing from us again very soon," David informed Edric before beginning to gather up the papers he had spread out in front of him while the other students began to file out of the room.

"Nice job," Blaine commented to Wes as he stood up to leave, as well. "You have quite the voice." He smiled kindly at Edric, though his mind was more focused on meeting Kurt right now as his eyes flickered towards the back of the room where Kurt was, but he supposed that could wait just a little longer. Edric was new after all, and Blaine figured he should try to help him feel welcomed...Even if his family did own the place.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Edric Dalton III Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:59 pm

"Thank you very much, Gentlemen," Edric addressed the council politely. "I look forward to hearing from you." He also looked forward to discussing his intentions to join the coucil as soon as possible, but decided that he should wait for the formality of being named a Warbler first. He nodded politely to the soon-to-be-ex-lead-vocalist. His eyes scanned the room, making quick assessments of each of the other Warblers as they filed out of the room. He caught sight of Kurt, and couldn't help but feel a little smug at having pulled off the performance that the poor boy had not. "Thank you all for your time," he added before making his exit and heading back to his dorm room.
Edric Dalton III
Edric Dalton III

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:59 am

Kurt waited just outside the room for Blaine to come out. He'd gotten confirmation from Brittany and Lauren for coming to Dalton, but he still had to secure the Warblers. Unfortunately, he really didn't think they'd go out of their way to do him any favors. But they just might if Blaine asked. Really all they'd have to do (for now) is to record the backing vocals, and some harmonies. He'd spent most of his spare time (whenever Blaine was unavailable) arranging the song so that it would work for the a cappella group.

As soon as Blaine came out of the room, he bounded over, trying not to appear too excited. He was, though. He wanted this project to work. He missed this so much being here at Dalton. "Hi," he greeted, smiling brightly at his boyfriend. He wasn't too sure yet of the rules regarding PDA at Dalton, but he reached out to take Blaine's hands and leaned in to give him a quick peck on the cheek.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:25 am

"Hey," he greeted in reply, smiling at the light kiss as he took Kurt's hand and intertwined their fingers. He was glad to see Kurt so happy and excited at Dalton, but he had no idea what had got Kurt all worked up. "What's got you in such a good mood? I mean, I know I'm pretty awesome but I'm not that spectacular," he said, teasingly of course because he never really was a guy with a big ego.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 pm

"You'll have to forgive me if I beg to differ," Kurt replied, his eyes shining with amusement. He ran his finger along the collar of Blaine's dress shirt, taking a moment to tug at the knot on Blaine's tie, playfully loosening it and causing the tie to go askew. "Now you're perfect," he teased.

His look turned slightly bashful as he admitted, "Well, I do have a little...something up my sleeve. But I kind of need a little bit of a favor."

He opened his satchel and pulled out the project folder he'd put together, with costume ideas (complete with sketches and a few swatches) for the McKinley students and any brave Warblers willing to stray from their normal uniforms, his ideas for the video, and two different sets of music sheets. The set he pulled out was geared toward the Warblers, emphasizing the harmonies and backing "instrumental" vocals with Blaine taking most of the lead as they were all accustomed. There were a few spots where he'd noted other Warblers he wanted to sing particular lines, but overall he'd been careful to cater to the normal style of the group.

"I have this video project that I want to do, and I really want the Warblers to be part of it. The thing is I know they don’t really like my ideas.” He held back the ‘I don’t think they like *me*’ that he’d been feeling from most of the Warblers. He just wasn’t…Warbler material. He suspected most of them only tolerated him because of Blaine. “I’m afraid that they’ll shoot me down without even hearing me out.” He handed the sheet music titled "21 Guns" to Blaine, swallowing nervously. “It’s a Green Day song that was a solid Top 40 and I’ve arranged it to fit the Warbler’s style,” he rapidly explained, marketing it as just the sort of music the group usually tackled (he’d save the “it’s from a musical” selling point for Rachel and Mercedes). “I’m not asking that they perform it for anything but the video I’m making,” he hastily added. And that was true…for the moment, anyway. “It would really mean a lot to me if you could…see if they’d sing? As a favor…?” He flashed a hopeful smile and what he hoped would pass for puppy dog eyes.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Blaine’s eyes followed Kurt’s finger as it ran along his collar, and out of habit he wanted to adjust his tie soon after Kurt had loosened it. But something told him that Kurt wouldn’t like that much so he left it untouched. It was just a tie, after all. He sort of owed it to Kurt seeing as he had his hair full of gel, as usual, though he knew Kurt preferred it without. He could manage a few minutes with a messy tie as he listened to Kurt explain his idea, right? Right.

He watched curiously as Kurt took out the folder, wondering what his boyfriend could have possibly come up with because it certainly did look like it took a lot of time. He listened intently to Kurt as he spoke about his plan, admiring how much detail he had obviously put into everything. Silently, he took the sheet music from Kurt and briefly looked it over as he smiled to himself. He knew the song and he figured that the Warblers would enjoy a song like this. It was just the matter of convincing them to perform it for a video. He hoped it wouldn’t be that difficult. They did the impromptu concerts after all, so how different was a video, really? “I could talk to them,” he answered after briefly thinking all this over. It sounded like a good idea to him and how could he say no after Kurt had dedicated so much time for it? "And what made you think of doing all of this?" he asked curiously, glancing down once more at the sheet music before looking back up at Kurt, seeming very much impressed. "It looks like you put a lot of effort into it."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Kurt nodded, proud of all the work he had put in already. “It’s something that I’ve been working on for a while,” he acknowledged.

The answer to other question, however, was a lot harder for him to voice. Especially here in the open where he had to be careful about how he appeared in case another Dalton boy happened to wander by. He knew Blaine wouldn't judge, but...others would. He looked down studying their entwined hands for a few moments, trying to compose his thoughts before saying anything that Blaine might take the wrong way. When he looked back up, he was still smiling, but it didn’t quite reach his eyes. “It’s been really hard for me here,” he disclosed, though he knew Blaine was probably already fully aware of that. “I mean I know it’s safer and I love you and the classes here challenge me instead of bore me and…I know it was right to come here. I do.” That was an overstatement and he said it as much to convince himself as anything else. He almost panicked as he realized what else he’d just said, but instead kept talking, hoping that Blaine wouldn’t catch it and freak out.

“I just miss…” He trailed off, frustrated that he couldn’t really sum up what he wanted to say without starting to get overly emotional.

He tried going at it from a different angle. “Last year my friends and I would get together on weekends or after school and we’d put together a video just for the joy of it. I’d come up with the concept, Tina and Brittany would choreograph. Mercedes would do costumes or makeup or simply just tell us we were doing it all wrong,” he said the last part with pure affection that didn’t really fit the words. “Sometimes we’d sing, other times we’d just dance. It was…” he trailed off again, knowing how all this probably sounded to someone like Blaine, who he adored completely, but who was a lot more like…Finn or Sam (when he wasn’t drunk) than he was like Kurt who loved to hang out with the girls. “I know it was silly, but…” He was really going to lose control of his emotions if he kept talking. His eyes were already glittering slightly with tears as he looked back at Blaine. “I guess I’ve just missed being part of the whole creative process.” There was a lot more to it, and he would have completely opened up about that if they weren’t so out in the open. Well...maybe he would have. Regardless, deep soul baring would have to wait until they were back in his dorm. For now, what he’d said was at least part of the truth and it would have to suffice.

“Well…there’s more, but a boy’s got to have some mysteries,” he tried to lighten his tone again, though even he could hear the strain. He reached forward and fixed Blaine’s tie, straightening it and pulling it back into the proper knot. He stroked it lightly as though he was smoothing out invisible wrinkles. “I don’t want to sound desperate or anything, but…I think I really need this,” he confessed. “I’ve even talked Brittany and Lauren into coming up tomorrow if the Warblers are agreeable.”
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next