New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warbler Hall

+4
Tweedles- Inactive
Kurt Hummel
Edric Dalton III
Blaine Anderson
8 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Warbler Hall - Page 6 Empty Re: Warbler Hall

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Reed still wasn't entirely sure how to respond to something like that. He was still uncomfortable in front of crowds, but if Blaine really thought this would give the Warbler's an edge against New Directions he wasn't going to argue. "I-um-sure Blaine if you think it'll help to win us Regionals..."

He looked to Shane, who was probably more uncomfortable than he was and rose an eyebrow as though to ask if he wanted to do this. He had no qualms about singing in public as long as it involved Shane or someone else he trusted.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:29 am

Shane saw Reed's unsure look, and he managed to force a small smile for the rest of the Warblers while giving Reed's hand a squeeze. If everyone thought that this would help the group at Regionals, there wasn't much room to say no. "Um, yeah! Sure... cool" His forced smile was turning into a more obvious grimace, but it managed to go unnoticed.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 am

Blaine's eyes didn't leave his brother's face as he watched him answer. He knew Shane wasn't huge on performing like he had always been, and he didn't want him to feel forced into something. "You don't have to, you know. It's just a suggestion," he offered quietly enough so only Reed and Shane could hear him. "You two sound amazing together, but don't feel like we're forcing you into this."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:52 pm

David watched the other Warblers, oblivious to any comfortableness that Reed or Shane might have been feeling. He heard the two say that they were 'cool' with the change in a set list, and Blaine didn't seem to be objecting to having his solos turned into duets, which David had to admit was odd. Blaine always seemed to love being the center of attention when it came to performing, after all. "It's settled then. We'll have a new set list made up in time for Regionals. Unless anyone has any questions then I think it's safe to say this meeting is officially over."
Head Admin
Head Admin

https://gleeks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Reed nodded, getting up from the couch with his hand still entwined with his boyfriend's. He knew that Shane was feeling rather uncomfortable about the situation, but he hoped that he wasn't doing this just because he thought Reed wanted him to, or because he had to.
"Are you okay with this?" he asked, turning to look up at the younger Anderson brother.
"Like Blaine said, I don't want to make you uncomfortable."
Honestly, Reed was somewhat excited to sing with Shane again; despite his nervousness.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:25 am

"Yeah, yeah I'll be fine." He gave Reed a reassuring smile, this time not forced. Because really, this could only help him get over his discomfort, which he should do since he is involved in so many performing arts. This would also be a good experience for him and Reed, being able to sing together for a competition audience. He loved watching Reed sing, since the boy put so much passion into his words, and he could tell how much he loved the feelings that came along with singing.

"I think we'll be fine, because we're doing this together."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 am

Blaine watched Reed and Shane exchange sweet, quiet comments, a sad smile on his own face as he looked down at his hands. He was happy for them, he honestly was. But still, he did feel a bit odd knowing that it wouldn't be him singing a duet with Kurt up on that stage at competition. Kurt wouldn't be singing with them at all, and for all Blaine knew...Kurt might not be coming back to Dalton after this.

He got up and gave both Reed and Shane a gentle pat on the shoulder, congratulating them both once more as he put on a happy smile, before excusing himself from the room now that the meeting was over. Kurt hadn't texted him yet, and he was planning on calling him from his dorm once it was convenient for Kurt.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Head Admin Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:11 am

"Excellent! I'll have the music sheets sent up to everyone's dorms by the end of the day. Meeting adjourned." He glanced over to his side, frowning at the lack of Wes and his gavel. It seemed weird ending a meeting without the familiar bang of the gavel hitting the sound block, but it'd have to do for today. "Good job, you two. I really think we have a good shot at making it to Nationals this year." He stood up from the council table, adjusting his papers in his hands as he readied himself to head back to his dorm. "See you both later," he said to Reed and Shane, nodding to them before making his way out of Warbler hall with the rest of the Warblers.
Head Admin
Head Admin

https://gleeks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Sebastian made his way into the Warbler's practice room. He hadn't been invited to audition and wasn't sure just who he was supposed to see to do so. He was certain, though, that he would easily make the cut. He was, after all, the lead soloist at his previous school...well, had been until he'd been summarily 'dismissed'. But it was no matter; he'd soon take his place as a lead Warbler, he had no doubt.

Smiling widely, Sebastian approached the group. He scanned the group, his eyes settling on a particularly attractive Warbler (a shorter boy with dark hair, a stunning smile, and amazing eyes). "Hello. I'm Sebastian Smythe. I'm new here at Dalton and I would like to rock your world," he announced, his gaze remained fixed on the short boy. "That is, of course, if you'll allow me to audition," he added, smiling as he looked around at the rest of the group.

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 pm

[That had better not be my Warbler you've got your eyes on there...Cat fight]
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:58 pm

[Um....should I get Blaine a pair of protective goggles or...Razz]

Blaine had just finished congratulating the Warblers on another amazing practice as his attention was brought to a much taller boy in the familiar tie and blazer. It had taken a while for everyone to get used to Kurt transferring back to McKinley, but Blaine still had high hopes that they'd win at Nationals, even without his favorite Warbler joining them.

Confusion crossed his features as he looked the new boy over, wondering why he couldn't place a name to the face until Sebastian introduced himself and mentioned that he was new. He was a bit surprised by Sebastian's comment, though his mention of auditioning cleared up exactly what he'd meant by it and Blaine found himself returning the smile, the confusion quickly fading away because they were never a group to turn down new members.

"Blaine Anderson," he introduced, extending out his hand to shake Sebastian's. "And that'd be incredible, actually. The Warblers could always use another voice in the mix."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:06 am

Sebastian grinned and let his long graceful fingers slowly slide across Blaine's palm as he took the smaller boy's hand. He shook the Warbler's hand, then held on to it as he began to sing. Throughout the song he continued to gaze at Blaine, singing directly to him.

This is the first day of my life.
I swear I was born right in the doorway.
I went out in the rain,
Suddenly everything changed they're spreading,
Blankets on the beach.

Yours is the first face that I saw.
I think I was blind before I met you.
I don't know where I am.
I don't know where I've been.
But I know where I want to go.

So I thought I'd let you know,
These things take forever, I especially am slow.
But I realized that I need you,
And I wondered if I could come home.

Remember the time you drove all night,
Just to meet me in the morning?
And I thought it was strange,
You said everything changed.
You felt as if you just woke up.
And you said, "This is the first day of my life.
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you.
But now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you,
And I'd probably be happy."

So if you want to be with me,
With these things there's no telling,
We just have to wait and see.
But I'd rather be working for a paycheck,
Than waiting to win the lottery.

Besides, maybe this time it's different.
I mean, I really think you like me.

As soon as the last note ended he dropped Blaine's hand and looked around to the other Warblers, expectantly. "So...do I pass my audition?" he asked innocently, intending to make Blaine wonder if he'd been seriously flirting or not.

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Blaine noticed the way Sebastian's hand slowly slipped into his, but didn't give it much thought because within seconds the boy was already singing, his eyes locked on Blaine's throughout the entire song. He had to bite back a short laugh of disbelief, a light blush coming to his cheeks because that was certainly one way to make an impression. He wasn't too familiar with the song, but it matched Sebastian's voice perfectly and Blaine couldn't deny that it at least had him smiling.

When the song ended and Sebastian turned to the other Warblers, Blaine took a chance to shift his attention elsewhere, unsure of what to think of his song because while it'd been amazing, practically serenading someone wasn't the typical approach to an audition. The general sound of approval from the other Warblers brought Blaine's focus back, and he glanced back up with a tight smile, pressing the palms of his hands together before bringing them to his lips, as if still thinking over Sebastian's audition. It seemed as though everyone else loved him, and Blaine knew they could use a voice like his in the group.

Lowering his hands and flexing his fingers as if to say 'that settles it,' he smiled up at Sebastian with a congratulatory, "Welcome to the Warblers."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Blaine's smile was infectious. Sebastian's grin widened. The fact that Blaine hadn't pulled away at all during the song was a good sign, and the way he'd blushed was adorable. "Thank you, Blaine," he thanked the gorgeous boy. "Perhaps you'd be willing to meet me after." After leaving a pause, he continued, "To help me catch up on all your songs and choreography. I wouldn't want to hold all of you back."

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Blaine returned Sebastian's thanks with a soft smile, confusing slowly coming back at his second comment because they were both right there already, so--Oh. Right, well that made sense. With Regionals coming up, adding a new member was a bit of a risk, but Sebastian certainly seemed quick on his feet so Blaine had high hopes in him being more than ready come competition time. "Oh, of course," he assured, nodding in agreement as some of the other Warblers started going off to other classes or whatnot. "We've really only been working on this one number, and I don't think you'll have any problems on picking things up. Did you sing at your old school?" he asked, wanting to be polite in seeming interested in wherever Sebastian had been before Dalton.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

"At most of my old schools," Sebastian replied. "I moved around a lot, so I've gotten very good at picking up everything quickly." 'Everything' included plenty of hook-ups with good looking young men, and Blaine certainly qualified as one of those. "I do hope you don't mind me monopolizing your night like this. I'd like to be caught up by next rehearsal so that I don't hold you guys back this close to a competition. Since we'll be working right through dinner, I'll even take you out for a quick meal after. To thank you, and because we should never go to bed without fulfilling all appetites."

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

"Oh, well, that's great," Blaine smiled, nodding his head as Sebastian answered his question. "Then I'm sure you'll be all caught up in no time." He waved his hand as Sebastian mentioned taking up his night, because really he never had many plans now that Kurt had gone back to McKinley, unless he was visiting Lima for the weekend or hanging out with Nick or Jeff. "No, it's no problem at all. Right now my main focus is getting the Warblers ready for Regionals, and that involves helping you get caught up in time." He was a bit shocked by Sebastian's offer, but smiled at the politeness before shaking his head. "No, you really don't have to do that. Anything to help a fellow Warbler and all that."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:34 pm

"So you'd deprive me of returning a favor and forcing me to be forever in your debt?" Sebastian scoffed lightly. "No, really, Blaine, I insist on taking you out. Although admittedly, you'd be doing me another favor by accepting. I am new here, after all, and haven't really made any friends yet. You'd save me the embarrassment of dining alone."

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Blaine was a bit taken back by Sebastian's response, but he smiled and shook his head, unsure of what to say. They both did have to eat, after all, so there really wasn't much harm in grabbing something after rehearsing. He knew what it was like being the new kid, and it wasn't as though he wanted Sebastian to have to spend the rest of the day alone. "I don't know where your old school was, but they really did do a good job on teaching you manners," he teased with a light laugh. "Okay, dinner's fine. We can't have you eating by yourself, after all."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:16 pm

"I knew you would see it my way," Sebastian replied with a wink. "So let's get started. So what's this number you guys have been working on?"

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Blaine smiled at the wink, not thinking too much of it. "It's one of my favorite numbers we've done so far," he explained, his excitement showing as he told Sebastian about the number. "The second number...we're working on. It was supposed to be a duet between a former member and I, but...he transferred so we're still changing that up," he told him, rubbing at the back of his neck as he thought of Kurt back at McKinley. "But the opening number is a lot of fun. I think you'll like it. It's an Adam Lambert song, featuring myself as the lead vocal," he pointed out, trying to remain modest as he gestured to himself. "Fever. Do you...know the song?"
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 am

Sebastian responded to Blaine's question by beginning to sing, staring intensely into Blaine's eyes. As he sang he slowly danced closer, smirking suggestively.

"Oh baby, lights on, but your mom's not home
I'm sick of laying down alone, hey
With this fever, fever, yeah
I want it all, I wanna get you alone
Give you a fever, fever yeah

There it goes, you stole my so-and-so
'Cause sweetheart no-no-nobody a-no-no-knows
Me or can find me
Time to be m-mine, mine..."

Sebastian stopped singing and grinned at Blaine. "Something like that?" he asked, once again playing innocent. "What was the duet you were working on? I don't want to step on any toes or anything, but maybe you and I could work on that, too? Like I said, I'm a quick study and we're already working tonight. That way you guys won't have to start planning all over this close to competition. It'll be much easier to train me in than to choreograph something new for the whole group..." Plus it would grant some additional time where Sebastian could get closer to Blaine.

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 am

Blaine playfully rolled his eyes as Sebastian began singing the lyrics, shaking his head in amusement as Sebastian danced closer to him. "Yes, something like that," he laughed, his eyes locking with Sebastian's as he took small step back after realizing how close Sebastian had gotten from dancing near him. "The Warblers figured it'd add a bit of excitement to our routine, so...let's hope the judges don't think it's too much."

He glanced up again as Sebastian suggested helping with the duet, leaving Blaine at a bit of a loss for words because he hadn't really thought of that, to be honest. Sebastian's voice would be perfect for a Lambert song, but something about it still seemed a bit wrong. "I don't know, Sebastian," he admitted hesitantly. "If I Had You was supposed to be the duet, but...seems a bit weird to do it with someone else now that Kurt's gone, and there are...plenty of other songs we could make work just as well."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Smythe Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Sebastian quirked an eyebrow at Blaine's comment that it would be weird to sing the song with someone else. Then again, considering the lyrics and turning it into a duet, it did seem like it could well be a love song they were singing to each other. Interesting. But even if that were the case, it seemed that the other boy was no longer a factor. Not that Sebastian saw him as any sort of obstacle anyway. "I'm sure this Kurt guy would understand that you had to re-cast his duet," he assured smoothly. "He wouldn't want the Warblers to lose just because he abandoned you guys so close to a competition, would he?" he reasoned.

Sebastian Smythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaine Anderson Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:56 pm

The Warblers had mentioned replacing Kurt in the number, knowing that Blaine wouldn't be too happy with the idea but also realizing that competition was coming up and they didn't have too many options if they wanted a chance at making it to Nationals. "He didn't abandon us," he corrected gently, trying not to sound too defensive. "He didn't exactly have a choice in the transfer," he explained, not wanting to go too into detail about Kurt's personal life. Outside of Kurt's family, Blaine, and Karofsky, not many people knew why Kurt had left, and Blaine intended to keep it that way.

"I guess you have a point, though," he sighed, before taking a few steps over to one of the large shelves lining the room, bending down to pull open a drawer so he could get out the a capella sheet music Sebastian would be needing, hesitating before grabbing a second sheet. "Here," he smiled, turning around and handing over one of the sheets to Sebastian. "This will be your part in Fever, and..." He bit at his lip as he looked over the second one. "This is the sheet music for If I Had You. You'll have to audition with me in front of the council, but...I think you have a pretty good chance."
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next