New Directions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Seperate Room in Breadstix

+9
Reed Van Kamp
Shane Anderson
Santana Lopez
Mike Chang- Inactive
Karofsky
Blaine Anderson
Finn_Hudson
Kurt Hummel
Rachel Hudson
13 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A Seperate Room in Breadstix - Page 5 Empty Re: A Seperate Room in Breadstix

Post  Santana Lopez Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 am

Santana stood up quickly and grabbed onto his hand. She glanced once at the food, it's not like it was a bad thing if they didn't pay for it, they barely ate any of it so it was like they were helping the restaurant out, right? Okay so they weren't helping it out by leaving full plates of food on their table unpaid for, but it was better than leaving empty plates of food unpaid for. She tightened her grip on his hand and dragged him out of the restaurant eagerly. When they finally got outside she glanced at her car sitting right there in a parking spot close to the entrance and his parked just a little further away. She glanced over at him and then both their cars. "I'll meet you there." She said as she leaned up towards him and kissed him lightly and then made her way to the drivers side of her car and hopped in, quickly backing out of the spot and speeding off.

Continued here.
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Shane had his gloves on, knit ones he'd gotten for five bucks at Target. And Reed had designer gloves on that were made of leather. Yet Shane could still feel the warmth between their hands as he opened the door to Breadstix.
"Two," he said to the hostess, who nodded curtly and picked up two menus. She glanced at their hands in what was supposed to be a covert fashion, but wasn't.
Shane felt a thrill run through him. He was allowed to be gay in a public place. This hadn't been the case with Micah. They'd always had to pretend to be just friends whenever they went anywhere, for fear of anyone seeing.
Here, in Lima, Shane and Reed could do whatever they wanted. Heck, they could make out in their booth and no one would care.
Well, that wasn't entirely true. Lots of people would be all up in arms about such a show of affection, especially a show of gay affection.
Reed slid into the booth across from Shane, letting go of his hand. Shane was somewhat disappointed, but this way, he'd get to look at Reed. That was a good thing, right?
Shane picked up his menu. "I've never been here before..." he said, looking at the pile of breadsticks that were already on the tale. "Have you?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 am

"I've been here once before" the smaller boy replied, and then clarified, "the Warblers performed here on Valentines Day." he smiled lightly at the memory. Kurt and Blaine had only eyes for eachother as they sang. He couldn't help but wish he had someone to spend the special day with.

Valentines day was never important to Reed, but somehow, since he had met Shane, all of that changed.

Reed examined the breadsticks noncholantly, in an attempt to escape looking directly at the boy. Somehow, their eyes meeting seamed to always send him off on a clumsy tangent.

Taking a deep breath Reed finally glanced across the table. His gaze was on him, unflinching, he had his complete and utter attention. It never ceased to amaze him how the boy that could talk anyone to death any other time of the day, was always so ready to listen to whathe had to say. Reed could only wonder what Shane found so interesting about him. He was short, and clumsy, with a string of cuts and bruises. Why was Shane so instantly attracted to him?

Reed often wondered if Shane's interest was real , or if he was simply acting interested to be polite. With Shane, he could never tell what was going on in that curly head of his.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

http://www.persephonesmelody.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Shane scanned Reed's expression again and again, but all he could see was slight confusion. This was normal, of course, for Reed. Reed always looked sort of confused, but that made sense, didn't it?
Shane wished Reed would show more signs of attraction, or interest, and not just leave Shane to think that he was some experiment, some test. Shane had no proof that Reed wasn't just hanging out with him because he wanted to figure himself out. What if Reed just wanted to see what hanging out with a boy like this was like?
Realizing it was his turn to talk, Shane offered, "Valentine's Day is...ugh. First off, it's completely obnoxious to hear all the single kids with all this crap about 'Single Awareness Day.' I mean, do you hear Jews moaning and groaning on Christmas?" He rolled his eyes, desperately hoping that Reed wasn't Jewish.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Reed could only laugh. He could never think of a clever response to Shane's rants, and he preffered to listen in amused silence.

"I've never really cared much for Valentines Day. I've always had to spend it alone, and I guess, I just got used to it" he shrugged nonchalantly. It wasn't entirely untrue. Reed had never had a special someone, and it wasn't that it exactly bothered him persay, but he always saw how happy everyone was with their significant others and couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be apart of such a relationship.

He imagined Shane to be his exact opposite. Shane was vibrant and open. He always said what was on his mind. It surprised Reed that Shane didn't like Valentines Day. Valentines Day was all about obnoxious and grandeur shows of affection, he imagined the day would be right up Shane's ally. Shane was full of surprises. Whenever he thought he had the boy almost figured out, he pulled out something new.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:08 pm

"Really," Shane said, somewhat surprised. "A boy like you alone for Valentine's Day?" He put his menu down, leaned back, and crossed his arms. "Not so sure I believe you."
He smiled to show that he was just kidding around, but really, he was telling the truth. Of course, Shane knew that Reed was confused as far as sexuality went, but that wasn't to say that he hadn't dated girls before. In fact, Shane himself had dated girls plenty of times. True, that was just to appease his father, but he had really hated the time he spent with them. Holding hands, hugging...kissing... It meant nothing to him.
But Shane had always assumed that Reed had been in tons of relationships before, and maybe felt the same things Shane had.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 pm

"Well...I" Reed flushed from embaressment. "I've never really been somebody's boyfriend before..." He couldn't help but turn away from Shane's gaze. How pathetic he must have sounded to him...
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Shane knew what Reed was thinking. He mentally slapped himself. It had been intended as a compliment, a flirty one at that...But that wasn't how it had been received! Now Reed was embarrassed.
"Hey..." Shane leaned forward and put his hand over Reed's, secretly relishing the feeling of their hands touching again. "There's nothing wrong with that. You're young. You have time." He dropped his voice to a whisper, though he didn't need to whisper. There was no one in the booths around them. "I only really dated girls because I felt obligated, what with my dad being...well, my dad was...he..." There it was, suddenly, right in front of them. Shane had brought it up. Shane didn't tell anyone about his dad, ever. Under any circumstances.
Yet here he was, and he had to finish the sentence.
"He was really..." Shane sucked in a breath, prepared himself for the sympathy that would surely come but that he didn't want. "Anti-gay."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Reed's heart ached as he looked at the broken boy in front of him. He had felt almost selfish for wallowing in his own self pity. Here he was complaining that he had never had a date, while Shane had been forced to date girls just to be accepted by his own father.

Reed's mother had forced a lot of things on him in his life, but she had never been concerned with his sexuality. He couldn't imagine having to hide something like that from a parent.

Reed didn't know what to say, but he settled on a gentle squeeze of Shane's hand.

"I-I'm sorry Shane. I'm truly sorry that you had to act like someone you weren't" he whispered meekly.

He flashed the boy a half hearted reassuring smile urging him to continue. Reed was all ears.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:09 pm

It wasn't too bad, not like usual. When people were sympathetic toward Shane, all it did normally was make him angry. This, however, had the opposite effect. It was actually a total turn-on, the look in Reed's eyes, his voice...his hand squeezing Shane's...
Suddenly, it was all falling out of Shane from where it had been built up inside him.
"My dad really didn't like me, but he adored Blaine. He went his own way and did things as he saw fit, and my mom could never stop him even if she wanted to. He was fine up until...Well, okay, wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. First of all, my dad hated gay people. He said it was a choice, a bad choice, and he basically said that all gay people should be killed. He was kind of like Hitler for gay people." For a moment, Shane felt a pang of guilt at this accusation. But then he remembered what happened to Blaine. "So anyway," he continued, not taking back the comment, "I had this boyfriend. Micah. And one night we were...he..." Shane reddened and sped through this part, "makingoutonthecouchatmyhouse even though Blaine said we shouldn't. He said it was too risky. But I didn't care. Back then, I figured I was immortal and untouchable. So my dad came home early and saw Micah on the couch and I had just gone into the kitchen to get something and Blaine had come downstairs to get something and Blaine..." Shane paused, swallowed the lump forming in his throat, continued, "took the fall for me. He told our dad that Micah was his boyfriend. So my dad threw Micah out on the curb - we've never heard from him since - and he started in on Blaine. I just sat in the kitchen, right on the floor...I didn't know what to do. I couldn't fight my dad, I couldn't tell him that I was the gay one because I knew Blaine would be mad. So I listened as my brother go beat up for something I'd done. Eventually my dad stuffed him in a closet and left him there. Anyway, after a few months, Blaine had to leave. He came to Dalton. It's been two years, and...well...I dated girl after girl, trying to keep up with what Blaine had wanted me to do all along. He wanted us to stay in the closet, to pretend to be straight until the day we died, at least for my dad's sake. But I was tired of it. So finally I just...came out. About a month ago. I didn't last nearly as long as Blaine did, I guess because Blaine wanted to stay strong...for my sake. But I didn't...I didn't want to stay, because of all the terrible things he would say about Blaine and me and all gay kids everywhere. Especially Blaine. I could handle the stuff about me, but Blaine's always been..." Shane wiped at his eye, hoping desperately not to find tears there. There weren't. Somehow, telling this story with Reed's hand in his was a lot easier than without. "...my hero."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Reed found his eyes filling with tears for the boy in front of him. He had never felt so much for one person in a moment than he did with Shane right now. He tried to find something, anything to say. He noticed Shane was about to break down as he tried to hold in his tears. Reed wished he could tell Shane everything would be alright, that his father would eventually accept him, but he couldn't. Reed understood to an extent the feeling of having parents that didn't support your decisions, but Shane had it a lot worse.

He couldn't think of anything he wanted to do more than take the boy into his arms as he cried, which is exactly what he did. Slowly Reed removed his hand from Shane's , circled around the booth, and tackled Shane into a clumsy hug.

Reed flushed as he pressed his body to Shane's, but the feeling wasn't awkward, it was nice, natural even. He would have stayed there for longer had the waitress not arrived, looking rather stunned.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Shane liked the feeling of Reed's arms around him, and he sunk into Reed, letting the tears leak out slowly. He wasn't sobbing or even really crying. It was a silent breakdown, that of a boy who had been holding it in for too long and did not know how to let it out.
The waitress arrived, but Shane made no move. "I'd like the triple hamburger, please," he said, "with a side of fries." He grinned up at the waitress, who was blushing enough for all of them.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Reed jumped up at the sight of the waitress as his face colored. He muttered a small apology for making her uncomfortable, and then, upon hearing Shane's order laughed nervously and gave his.

"A house salad with vinaigrette dressing on the side please" and then moved back to his side of the table, as much as he'd wanted to stay right where he was.

He turned to Shane, "I'm sorry...I- I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just-" he looked down nervously as he tried desperately to explain himself. Sometimes he just couldn't help his impulses around Shane.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Shane raised an eyebrow. "Uncomfortable? Me? You're talking to the guy who dances around onstage in baggy jeans and a XXXL sweatshirt for hip hop, then goes for a costume change and reemerges in tights for ballet. Although if we were being honest, I never wanted to wear those tights. Anyway, point being I don't think a hug could make me uncomfortable." He paused, surveying Reed's pink cheeks. "You, on the other hand..." He smirked. "I bet you've never publicly humiliated yourself in your life."
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:27 pm

At that Reed could only snort at the utter rediculousness.

"Are you kidding?!" he motioned toward all of the bandaids on his arms, "Where do you think these came from? I can find a way to hurt myself in any situation." He blushed, embaressed by the memory. "I once fell off of the stage in the middle of a performance. Right into the crowd. Everyone laughed." He looked down, "But I'm used to it, happens just about every day. It's a miracle if I DON'T fall down the stairs atleast once in the day!"

[Reed blushes a lot....XD]
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Shane couldn't help it. He suddenly found himself, after that hug and with the prospect of a hamburger and fries on the way, in a flirty mood.
"What if someone caught you every time you almost fell down the stairs? Would that someone be...a miracle?" He raised both his eyebrows now, smiling a toothy smile at Reed.

[he does. and Shane raises his eyebrows now. And he plays with his t-shirt a lot. And he loves the Beatles. Just because...I CAN.]
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Reed's face turned bright red [AGAIN!] at Shane's words

"I-well-you-they-" he took a deep breath and looked up into Shane's eyes , "If you caught me when I fell, it might be."

Then Reed held his breath awaiting the other boy's response. He was no good at this sort of thing. He had no idea what he was saying, and the prospect of Shane in a pair of tights still burned fresh in his mind. He meant every word he said, though, and couldn't help but hope Shane would return his thoughts.
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Shane laughed at Reed's response. Reed was clearly so terrible at flirting, but for some reason, he was far better than any of the other people Shane had flirted with, girl or boy.
"Then I just hope you have the chance to be pushed - I mean fall - soon," Shane said slyly, taking a breadstick out of the basket and biting into it.
"Oh my sweet Jesus, this is delicious," he said. "Here, have one!" He picked up the basket and thrust it at Reed.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Reed couldn't help but hope that he fell sometime soon, if Shane was there to catch him of course.

"No thank you" Reed replied automatically as he shoved Shane's hand with the breadstick away. Reed was one of those people that was extremely health concious, much like Kurt. It wasn't due to the fact that Reed himself felt that way, but his mother had always raised him that way, she was in the fashion business after all. Reed had been raised on health food from birth.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Shane took the basket back, faking a sad face. Inwardly, he wondered why Reed ate so healthy. He was puny, really, and Shane wasn't sure if that was the definition of healthy. In Shane's opinion, a good diet involved lots of chocolate and fried foods.
"Fine. You don't want my sticks," he said. He was able to hold this mock sad face for all of about two seconds before cracking up. "Get it? My sticks?" He slapped his knee, glancing up to make sure Reed thought it was funny too and Shane wasn't just being obnoxious.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:07 pm

[LMAO]
Reed tried to hold in a laugh, and failed miserably. He let out a loud giggle and a few snorts that made some of the people in the restaurant stare. When Reed had finally calmed down he looked up at Shane and blushed at the prospect of 'his sticks'. It was uncharacteristic of Reed to make such a seen, and normally he wouldn't have found the comment as hilarious, but somehow everything Shane said or did had Reed in stitches.

He then boldly took a breadstick from the basket and took a bite meekly grinning at Shane shyly . "Happy now?"
Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:14 pm

"Ah," said Shane, trying on his 'cougar' look, "I see that you do want my sticks after all." He fought with a smile and managed to win, if only for a moment.
He watched as Reed ate the breadstick, and he allowed himself to wonder what would happen if anything ever...happened between them. Good or bad, what would happen? If Reed liked another boy? If Reed liked Shane? If Reed fell down three flights of steps and died?
What would happen?
The unknown was killing Shane, but he turned away from it and focused himself on the here and now, the jokes and laughter that always had to be present. They were his facade. Without them, Reed might see who Shane really was. Shane had gotten close before, when he'd cried in Reed's arms, and Reed hadn't minded.
But Shane was worse than that, he feared. He was deeply cynical and pessimistic sometimes. He considered the darkest possibilities before the lightest.
And because of this ugly inside, he hid.
"That's good. Now could you please hand me some ketchup?"
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Reed reached for the ketchup which was at the end of the table, and clumsiness getting the better of him, knocked it all over the table, sending ketchup flying all over. Reed could manage to make a mess of almost any situation, it seamed, even something as simple as passing the ketchup. He turned the color of the liquid that was all over him as he frantically pulled napkins out of the napkin holder.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I mean, I'm really REALLY sorry!" he threw napkins at Shane, and then whispered to himself, "Augh! Why do I always have to do this!?" he slapped his ketchup ladden hand to his forehead in frustration.

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Shane Anderson Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Shane laughed warmly as Reed tried desperately to sop up the ketchup. He leaned forward and grabbed a few napkins out of the napkin holder and started to help, but there was so much ketchup and the napkins really didn't do much.
"You know what?" Shane said, pulling off his jacket. "I know what to do." He put the jacket right into the ketchup, because he hated that jacket and he wanted a new one anyway. Besides, it wasn't really that cold outside. Who needs jackets?
And he was about 25% sure it would wash out anyway.
Shane Anderson
Shane Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reed Van Kamp Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Reed could only gape at Shane's actions. He put his JACKET in the KETCHUP! He put HIS jacket in the ketchup for HIM He didn't know which was more shocking. Reed's fashion designer gene's were tingling. He would never put his own jacket in ketchup of all things. It would never come out! Not that Reed would really be that upset at the loss of that hideous jacket of Shane's. Shane deffinately needed his help in that area, that was for sure.

"Y-you're jacket! It'll never come out! I can't believe you used your jacket! Of all things!"

He imagined his mother's reaction to such an incident. They now had the whole restaurants eyes.

Reed laughed in spite of himself as he caught Shane's eyes. He was being rediculous, and he knew it. Only Shane would do something so hilariously unconventional. He could only imagine the waitress's face as she returned to the table to see them both covered in ketchup. Reed imagined Shane wearing his ketchup ladden jacket out of the restaurant and exploded in a fit of giggles. They must have made quite a pair.

"Come on, let's go to the rest room to wash all of this ketchup off."

Reed Van Kamp
Reed Van Kamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next